• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Mock Draft Thread

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Current Results: (2/12)
1676232685282.png

1676231918227.png
1676231956525.png

The Pick Is In Commanders.png

Hey all, had an idea for an activity here.

I've put together a spreadsheet that can analyze the results of mock drafts pretty easily

I'm asking anyone who would like to participate to run through (as many times as you like) some mock draft simulators and post the results to this thread. I will then add their results to the sheet and we can see a 'collective' mock draft. I only ask you don't 'spam' mock draft 100 times with the EXACT same results over and over again to try and skew the result. If we get enough participation we can probably paint a pretty good picture of a collective mock draft for the board.

I will update this main thread with a screen shot that looks like the above does so we can track how many times we've seen a player drafted, the average round they're in, and the average pick they are taken (this way we can account for trades). My sheet has some notes, so if you'd like to include notes on your picks that you feel are pertinent, i can include those, but it's not 'required.'

Just so you all know, the 'Rank' column is based on the rankings from Drafttek.com (<~~~ Link) mostly because it's the easiest one to cut/paste into a spreadsheet. If you all would like me to email you the spreadsheet for you to see the WHOLE big board, I'm happy to do so, but being 500 lines it's not really a good idea to post the whole thing into this thread. I will also be updating this big board on a relatively regular basis as players will be moving up and down based on rank (especially after the combine).

As far as simulators go, there are a handful I like to play with because they all have different rankings.

PFF Mock Draft Simulator
- One note about PFF they do not reflect us not having a 3rd round pick -

Pro Football Network Mock Draft Simulator

Just give me a screen shot of the results, and a run down of a trade if you do any, so it includes the pick numbers.

Minor Edit: I'm taking NFL Mock Draft Database OFF the board because it's unrealistic. My last mock it had the RAMS offering me MULTIPLE picks INCLUDING a 2024 FIRST ROUNDER for my 6th round pick, and the mock I'm doing now has Bryce Young falling to me at 16. JUST the Bryce Young part would be fine, but the trade offers are way out of bounds.​

Last edited:
Om likes him some GIF action. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Om

just itemize the trade details since it's not on this final sheet (ie: what we gave up vs what we got)

I know you accepted the same trade I just did (16 for 24 + Jax 2024 1st) but as we get deeper into the draft i may not be able to connect the dots

Last edited:
Here is how i input the data into she sheet and it's calculated. Yellow is what i input, green is calculated based on actual pick number, and blue is pulled from the big board to input that data

1674920273771.png

I'm probably going to build something into it so we can see how 'often' we're trading and what kind of return we're getting but that data can be kinda funny because sometimes the returns on these sites is either unrealistic, or it sets a bad precedent. Like that trade we both just accepted.. That may make sense on paper, but Jax HAS to be interested. It's likely PFN ALWAYS offers that trade package without any effect based on the actual board and who's available... so take that data with a grain of salt.

What we got shows at the bottom under our last pick.

What we got shows at the bottom under our last pick.

but not what we gave up, so if you go further down the draft I can't tell if you gave up 148 for 160 +180 + 2024 5th round pick, then made another trade of 160 for 210 and 224

if we get into the weeds with trades, then trade those returns for other picks, i can't see it.. only see what our final picks are

I think this is a bit excessive but he could climb the boards... Be an interesting prospect to bring in to compete with Howell for 2023

With the always true 'you never know when it comes to QBs'... this seems like a real stretch. From the draft profiles I've read on O'Connell although he's very accurate with short passing, he's got a weak arm by NFL standards and isn't mobile/can't hurt you with his legs.

I'm not sure how well that stacks up against even the QBs in his own class.

With the always true 'you never know when it comes to QBs'... this seems like a real stretch. From the draft profiles I've read on O'Connell although he's very accurate with short passing, he's got a weak arm by NFL standards and isn't mobile/can't hurt you with his legs.

I'm not sure how well that stacks up against even the QBs in his own class.

Yeah the first round QBs are on a different level than O’Connell physically so it’s likely he’s a couple steps behind from day 1

I might have been a little influenced by everyone's excitement over a certain Center.

*grin*

Seriously, while I'd be thrilled to see this team draft OL 1-2 in this draft, I really don't see it happening. We do some crazy shit early in the draft that is pretty unexplainable..even if it works sometimes (ie, one Mr Jahan Dotson).

Ok on Pro football network

16. Trenton Simpson LB Clemson
47. Traded to NE for 76 and a 2024 2nd Rd
76. Traded to Chargers for 85 and 125
85. Cody Mauch OT N. Dakota St
97. Trey Dean S Florida
118. Traded to Rams for 136,172,191
125. Tanner McKee QB Stanford
136. Nick Broker G - Ole Miss
172. Deshawn Pace - LB Cincy
191. Will Mallory - TE Miami
216. Laiatu Latue - Edge UCLA
235. Kendrick Duncan - S Louisville

This site is trade happy on the sim, almost every freakin pick had some sort of trade for it - this is my lest guessing draft but more fun than what I'd even think would happen .............also please note I know very little of college players.

It's just a guess, SO, but I'm thinking that offers come into teams for picks a lot more often than they are accepted. I think we would be surprised at just how many get rejected.

WAS

Noah Sewell
LB Oregon
In Trade Back, received:
  • 2024 KC 1st
  • 2024 KC 5th

WAS

Darnell Washington
TE Georgia

WAS

Matthew Bergeron
OT Syracuse

WAS

Ronnie Hickman
S Ohio State

WAS

Nick Broeker
OG Ole Miss

WAS

Jacob Gall
OC Baylor

WAS

Zion Nelson
OT Miami (FL)

WAS

Anfernee Orji
LB Vanderbilt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.