• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Fantasy Football League

Yep, I'm happy for now. But it still feels like a house of cards for some reason. (Previous FF experiences, most likely.)

And the "Kardashian" line = instant classic. :laugh:

Yep, I'm happy for now. But it still feels like a house of cards for some reason. (Previous FF experiences, most likely.)

And the "Kardashian" line = instant classic. :laugh:

Thanks hog, coming from you that's a real compliment. :)

Match-ups for this week might not come til Saturday, but I'll get 'em done!

Oh man...I typed these up on my blackberry, and then had some trouble with my data connection. I tried to cut and paste, but I lost everything. Booo! Sorry fellas - I promise recaps though! :)

Oh man...I typed these up on my blackberry, and then had some trouble with my data connection. I tried to cut and paste, but I lost everything. Booo! Sorry fellas - I promise recaps though! :)

Ummm... you could skip this week if you wanted. It's not a big deal... really. :cry:

Genius here didn't have time to check his matchup this week and started two players on a bye week.

Because I'm just that smart. 1-3 here I come.

Genius here didn't have time to check his matchup this week and started two players on a bye week.

Because I'm just that smart. 1-3 here I come.

Could be worse. You could lose to a team that still has Reggie Bush starting.

Sigh.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I was kinda concerned this week, but TO came off the bench to bail me out. I still have to hope that Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall (wow) don't outscore Ronnie Brown by more than 27 points, but it looks like I'm probably OK.

And yes, I am just that pathetic, to sit on pins and needles against an un-managed team. lol.

But a better outcome than starting Cutler who didn't have a bye.

Lanky's Weekly Re-cap from LLSN

High score of the week: Om Buds Man 118.48

Low score of the week: Absurd Philosophy 62.08

Upsets: 2

The Fat Alberts 95.84 vs. newb-annihilation 80.34
(Lanky Livingston vs. Boone)

Fake LLSN Prediction: The Fat Alberts 95.84 vs. newb-annihilation 80.34 (damn we’re good)

Sloppy match-up between the annihilators and the Fatties – one team left in two players on a bye, and the other left one bye-week player in, and one guy who was inactive. So with the playing field pretty much even, the Fat Alberts’ dynamic trio of Rivers, Mendenhall and Foster took over. Rivers again put up 21+ points, Mendenhall put the only two Pittsburgh TDs on the board, and Bananas Foster channeled Sweetness against the Raiders, despite being benched for the entire first half. And rest easy that the 8.6 points left on your bench would not have made a difference, Boone.

Next: The Fat Alberts vs. Absurd Philosophy, newb-annihilation vs. Om Buds Man

----
Om Buds Man 118.48 vs. Shanahanigans 81.02
(Om vs. misterpinstripe)

Fake LLSN Prediction: Om Buds Man 118.48 vs. Shanahanigans 81.02 (I mean, really?)

The Om Buds Men reeled off their 3rd win in a row, taking down the Shanahanigans in convincing fashion, despite another poor showing from Chris Johnson. Can’t wait to see these guys when CJ gets rolling again. The Om Buds Men even spotted the Shanahanigans 13.5 points, leaving Jason Witten in their starting lineup. It didn’t matter, however, as almost everyone else got double-digits. Shanahanigans got an uncharacteristic 20-point day from Zach Miller (who?), and a strong performance from Joey Addai, but it was just not enough.

Next: Om Buds Man vs. newb-annihilation, Shanahanigans vs. Chester Shooters

----
Chester Shooters 83.22 vs. dwarves of Moria 86.18
(Goaldeje vs. tomwvr)

Fake LLSN Prediction: Chester Shooters 12 Million vs. dwarves of Moria 12.66 (Okay, so nobody's perfect)

For the second week in a row, the dwarves left Reggae Boosh in their starting lineup. I’m sure he got some quality Madden time in this week, but nothing that counts towards your final score, dwarves. It ended up not mattering, as the dwarves squeaked by the Shooters by less than 3 points. Peyton Manning continued his big year, Shonn Greene actually decided to play football, and the Ravens found a way to include Houshmazilly in the offense. Four players on the Shooters’ roster accounted for less than 20 points…total. Ouch. The Shooters lose their 3rd in a row, while the dwarves break their 3 game losing streak to climb out of the cellar.

Next: Chester Shooters vs. Shanahanigans, dwarves of Moria vs. WheresRickySanders?

----
beamish 79.1 vs. WheresRickySanders? 106.8
(beamish vs. honorary_hog)

Fake LLSN Prediction: beamish 79.1 vs. WheresRickySanders? 106.8 (Back in the saddle again!)

The high-flying WRS? squad came back down to earth slightly this week, only putting up 106 points instead of 150 </heavy sarcasm>. The total was still plenty good enough to roll the ownerless beamish squad by 25. Remember how 4 players on the Shooter’s roster accounted for less than 20 points? Five players on beamish’s roster accounted for 15 points, including a big fat zero from Randy Moss. Randy Moss and zero do not go together, and consequently, he is being shipped to Minnesota. This could be a huge turnaround for both the Vikings AND team beamish, as he is sure to get more looks, and will be the immediate #1 in Minny. I know hog feels a little dirty about getting 32 points from TO, but being as it was pretty much the margin of victory for WRS, he’ll still sleep tonight.

Next: beamish vs. LSF, WheresRickySanders? vs. dwarves of Moria

----
Absurd Philosophy 62.08 vs. LSF 105.10
(Sisyphus vs. Loyal Skins Fan)

Fake LLSN Prediction: Absurd Philosophy 62.08 vs. LSF 105.10 (okay, this joke might be getting a little old)

We here are introducing a new feature: the POW (Pwn of the Week). Congratulations, AP, you have earned the inaugural POW for you 43 point loss to LSF. LaDanian Tomlinson looked positively rejuvenated against the Bills, and his performance reflected that. Donnie Driver still looks young hauling in TDs from Rodgers – the ageless vet has TDs in 3 of the first 4 games, and leads the Pack in receptions (21T). Remember how the Shooters and beamish had some poor combinations of players? How about this one: SIX players on the AP roster accounted for less than 19 points. Absurd Philosophy got -4.32 points from their starting QB, Jay Cutler, thanks to a pick and 3 fumbles. This was mostly due to Cutler getting his brains bashed in for 30 minutes by the Giants defense, getting sacked *9* times. In a half. Ouch!

Next: Absurd Philosophy vs. The Fat Alberts, LSF vs. beamish

----
Standings:
1. WheresRickySanders? 3-1-0 467.96
2. The Fat Alberts 3-1-0 432.52
3. Om Buds Man 3-1-0 415.28
4. LSF 3-1-0 398.24
5. Shanahanigans 2-2-0 384.04
6. Absurd Philosophy 2-2-0 381.08
7. newb-annihilation 1-3-0 376.1
8. beamish 1-3-0 346.84
9. dwarves of Moria 1-3-0 336.8
10. Chester Shooters 1-3-0 310.7

No love for Bananas Foster? That might be the best nickname in all of sports. LOL.

The WRS? offensive scheme is so effective, I could plug Lanky in there and he'd get me 35 points. :)

(Course, I'd feel more dirty about that than I do about TO.) :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.