• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Fantasy Football League

tuesday dates work for me
wednesday dates would also work but preferably afternoon/ evening
:bandana:

Oh, I should have specified it has to be evenings. Also, we have at least one left-coaster in the league, who is 3 hours behind the East coast, so we'd have to start a little later.

no worries
i'm also okay with an auto draft if that's the prevailing sentiment

not sure if i can fill the omniscient one's jock, but willing to give it a try! assume draft will be online or are we gonna fully geek it out at local bar with iphones and laptops? :laugh2:

If you are a guy, I do not want you doing anything with my jock. :beadyeyes:

Also, geeking out is the only way to play FF. If you don't then the league suffers, and it is too easy for the people that pay attention and try. That is why my other leagues are pay to play. More effort from everyone when even a small amount of money is on the line.

That would be hard to do on a message board though.

OK, I'm registered. As far as draft times go, anything after 5pm should be fine for me, except for Tues, 9/7. It would have to be around 7pm EST start time that day.

Either way, let's try to at least pick a day this weekend so I can get it on my calendar.

I'm signed up. Newbienihilators :)
Now what the hell is an 'auto draft'? And YES, I'm serious.

Later is better for me - after 10.00pm Eastern I can do any date in September.

Preferred dates are: September 4, 5, 6 or 8.

I'm signed up. Newbienihilators :)
Now what the hell is an 'auto draft'? And YES, I'm serious.
Noobs.

The computer picks everyone's team for you.

There are 3 types of "standard" drafts - autopick, online, and live. Live draft is when we all get together at a bar or someone's house and pick live, and the commish enters the results later. Online is the same thing, except we're in front of our computers, doing it with the yahoo software - although technically you could have laptops and all be in the same room; live and online are similar. Autopick means you rank your players beforehand, and the computer selects everyone's team. I chose this to start, because its generally a nightmare to get a night that's free for everyone.

I can do Tuesday 9/7 or Wednesday 9/8 - everyone please respond back with your availability on those days!

Thanks

There are 3 types of "standard" drafts - autopick, online, and live. Live draft is when we all get together at a bar or someone's house and pick live, and the commish enters the results later. Online is the same thing, except we're in front of our computers, doing it with the yahoo software - although technically you could have laptops and all be in the same room; live and online are similar. Autopick means you rank your players beforehand, and the computer selects everyone's team. I chose this to start, because its generally a nightmare to get a night that's free for everyone.

I can do Tuesday 9/7 or Wednesday 9/8 - everyone please respond back with your availability on those days!

Thanks

I cant do Tuesday or Wednesday. I can do literally any other day.

I can do any evening this week Tues-Friday

I'm pretty good any of those days, though starting at 10 makes for a late night for me (4 kids will do that to you). I might queue them up and let the CPU do it for me, in which case, dates don't matter.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I cant do Tuesday or Wednesday. I can do literally any other day.

I'm pretty good any of those days, though starting at 10 makes for a late night for me (4 kids will do that to you). I might queue them up and let the CPU do it for me, in which case, dates don't matter.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Unfortunately, we have to start later, because we have left-coasters in the league (hence the problem scheduling a live draft).

MP, is it just next Tuesday and Wednesday? Could you do a draft on the 8/31 or 9/1 (tomorrow and Wed of this week)? My availability is those four days only, unfortunately.

Okay people...we only have 6 signed up so far. What's the hold up?!

Unfortunately, we have to start later, because we have left-coasters in the league (hence the problem scheduling a live draft).

MP, is it just next Tuesday and Wednesday? Could you do a draft on the 8/31 or 9/1 (tomorrow and Wed of this week)? My availability is those four days only, unfortunately.

I could probably do a Tuesday night if it was after 9 or 10. Probably closer to 10.

Who is "Chester Shooters?" Owner is James. You somehow have your team in the league twice...can you delete one of them? Thanks!

Sorry Goal, had to guess because the owner name didn't match a BGO username.

Everyone else: We are sitting at 9 registered; are the other 3 not interested anymore? Registered so far:
Me
Corcaigh (Sisyphus?)
Om
BigMike
Boone
Goaldeje
MisterPinstripe
honorary_hog
beamish

That leaves: Neophyte, McD5 and tomwvr as the only ones who haven't registered. Please let me know if you aren't interested anymore, otherwise please register.

Thanks!

Yup: Corcaigh = Sisyphus = Absurd Philosophy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.