• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D. - The Precipice

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
What a difference 3 years can make. Let’s face it – in 'football time’, 3 years can be an eternity. It was 2009, and Jim Zorn was trying his...

More...

Boone, you are soooo good at this sort of thing. :)

Well done, again.

yup, I remember agreeing with you when you wrote the first piece, it sums it up as to what it feels like to have been a fan through the great and then the bad years, we finally look like we are turning the corner, just like we looked when we got that horrible news a few years ago.

Outstanding, Boone.

There's no place I'd rather be, right now, than right here. Surrounded by the history and memories, of times good and bad. Shared with like-minded people. In a state of focused anticipation. Declaring in one voice.......

We

Want

Dallas!

Boone,

Awesome job!

I think that throughout the horrendous football we've had to suffer through for the bulk of the last 21 years, we've all known that deep down when things got turned around, we'd look back and say it was worthwhile. While we aren't even remotely close to where we want to get to yet, you can already sense as a fan why you stick around and grind it out through the tough times. It feels absolutely amazing right now watching this team grow each week the way it has, while still finding ways to overcome their weaknesses.

Many are going to pin the success of this season on the outcome of Sunday. Personally, I think it's incorrect reasoning. I get that it's Dallas and everything, but this team needs to go out and play like they have nothing to lose, because really, they don't. We are on the cusp of a 10 win season and a division title with a rookie QB and RB - not bad for a team that was picked in most cases to win anywhere between 3 and 6 games by many. Dallas is the team who has failed in the last two make or break games for a playoff birth. They are the team who gets hyped up constantly in the media. They are under pressure. We've officially put ourselves back on the map and despite the result on Sunday, I think the rest of this division knows they will have their hands full for many seasons to come as we patch up our holes and develop more cohesiveness :)

As a sidenote, I must say that the game chats on Sunday are truly amazing on BGO right now. I remember a season ago when you could hear crickets in the chats. The infectious attitudes, positive spirits, and excitement of the collective group in the chats is amazing to see! I think that the way the chats have developed and grown over the two seasons really captures in a nutshell the shift that is taking place among this franchise and fanbase. Everybody cheer hard on Sunday in the chat - I will be missing my first game of the season because I'll be out of town visiting family and won't have internet access for the game. Thanks for an outstanding season and I hope to catch up with you all in the playoffs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.