• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D.: The Hot Chick

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
In today’s NFL, it’s all about the tangibles. Talent trumps everything. At least that’s what we’re led to believe. Stockpiling your team with the...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
The big knock on our beloved Redskins for the last twenty years was to find THE player or two who could take the team over the top. Well, how many times did this team qualify for being "close to the top"? I would submit "very few" as an answer. That elusive answer was not a shiny new toy - it was depth with players who had "less polish" and more "blue collar stains" on their resumes. This has been sorely lacking, but that is the past and we are looking to the future.

We've needed depth for way too long. The one thing that has impressed me about Coach Shanahan and GM Allen is how they have addressed the depth problems. Watching them in free agency last year (albeit, a brief FA period) was a thing of beauty. The draft was a masterpiece of how to build more depth. Fast forward to the 2012 offseason and we have seen more of the same in free agency. A couple of names do stand out, but none are the "big, new shiny toy" that our owner has coveted in the past.

We are a few days from the draft and it is more than obvious that the Redskins are about to embark on another "new shiny toy" for the first time with this new regime. This is the one time when it is fully justified. The arrival of a savior in the name and body of "Robert Griffin, III" is about to transform a team that has depth AND talent. RG3 is a player that you must have in order to take that next step, but it comes only with the right players in place at other positions. Additional talent and depth will be found in the upcoming draft.

The future is bright with the Shanahan-Allen regime and they have built this team in the best ways possible. They have avoided the marquee players who would've brought talent, but a self-centered "me-ness" to the locker room. A once in a lifetime player is now at the doorstep and he comes with the right measure of talent, brains, and possesses a team oriented attitude. Yes, it is finally time to add that "bright and shining toy" and it is for all the right reasons.

Please please please Lord ... please let Griffin not suck.

Please please please Lord ... please let Griffin not suck.

While I agree, even if he does suck I am proud of the attempt. It was the calculated risk this team absolutely had to take to make a move.

I seriously doubt he'll suck but I take solace in the fact Cleveland was willing to give up as much as we did and that all the "experts" feel he'll succeed.

Great Blogpost

In today’s NFL, it’s all about the tangibles. Talent trumps everything. At least that’s what we’re led to believe. Stockpiling your team with the...

More...

This Baylor Bear just may become a Redskin fan on April 26th. Forget Jerry's World.

Come on board brother, it's going to be a wild, glorious ride! :cheers:

Last night on Comcast they showed we have drafted 3 QB’s in first round since our last Super Bowl. They were Shuler, Ramsey, and Campbell. For whatever reason, I had forgotten this.

This time with possibility of RG3 running the show things seem different. Don’t know if it his charisma, watching all the highlight reels, hearing the experts discuss him or what. I think RG3 will be the leader we have lacked for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.