• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D. - The Fall and Rise of the Washington Redskins

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Today marks the first day of Fall, but whether or not this new-look 2012 Washington Redskins team can rise or not remains to be seen. I’ve heard...

More...

I don't know if using the "P" word yet is too soon or just a fantasy, but I'm still holding to a 7-9 mark for the year. Based on these stats though, the Redskins need to pick it up over the next two weeks or "P" will be gone - and a possible 7-9 record too. I'll get on the "P" bandwagon IF we win the next three games. :)

Great blog as always. Let's hope the first home game for RG3 is a big fat "W".

Thanks BB! Yeah - there's more than a little positive thinking in this one, but I felt like after a week of deep, dark depression, the Redskins universe could use a little sunshine and light. If we win convincingly this week and have a better defensive showing, it's a brand new day.

Great piece, as always!

I'm reserving judgement for another two weeks or so. Not because I've been conditioned by so many years of total fail, but because I still have some huge questions about the coaches, and about some of the decisions that have been made here.

John Belushi in the third round? That was extremely questionable. Unlike some of our past picks, I have yet to hear one single player on the team compliment him. I hope Shanny proves to be smarter than every sports talking head in the country who winced when this pick was made, but it's not looking good so far.

Kirk Cousins in the fourth? He seems great, but what exactly is the end game here? Waste time and resources grooming him for another two years in hopes of trading him for a second rounder? Let's hope we never have to see him play here, but by passing on a highly rated O-lineman, we may turn out needing him badly.

Gambling on the health of Jammal Brown, and adding Joshua Morgan to an already crowded WR group, instead of signing Asante Samuel in a position of clear need? Who wouldn't like to give Asante Jammal's money right now?

And then there is the question of actual coaching competency on this staff. Haslett? Sorry, not seeing it. Danny Smith? Ditto. Trying the 62 yard FG? Was that Shanny who made that decision? I sure hope not.

And positioning Raheem Morris to be our next DC, with his track record of head cases as players? Some of which are migrating to Washington? No thank you.

I love the guy behind center, and I love Garcon. I also like what Alfred Morris has brought.

It's the people making the decisions that I believe may cost us down the road.

Great piece Boone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.