• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D.: Ram-ifications

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I’m going to say something that is entirely illogical and counter-intuitive. Sunday’s road clash against the St. Louis Rams is a _crucial game_...

More...

Good read John, and I couldn't agree more. I look past no team, but we need to end the "playing down" to opponents we are supposed to beat. Fisher is a very good coach, and defensive minded, so this should be a great test for our new look Redskins O. I truly have faith in our D if Haz keeps his foot on the gas.

Last edited:
I really hope we can put the Rams in a big hole early and don't give them any chance to escape. Does anyone have that nagging doubt though? I sure do and like the blog says, we tend to think that the corner is not fully turned yet and that has more to do with past seasons. Maybe this is the season. Sure hope so.

Thanks for another great blog. We've had a lot of them this week. A dramatic win really lifts the spirits and let's hope that this great ride continues.

I really think we are going to whoop them pretty good. I think the score won't represent it, but our defense should not have to bring too many blitz packages to put pressure on Sam. Their OL is about the worst in the NFL.

We are up late mid way through the 4th 20-3 and they get a junk TD to make it closer. Then we are able to just close it out.

I really hope we can put the Rams in a big hole early and don't give them any chance to escape. Does anyone have that nagging doubt though? I sure do and like the blog says, we tend to think that the corner is not fully turned yet and that has more to do with past seasons. Maybe this is the season. Sure hope so.

I do as well. You don't just wash away 20 years of mediocrity and playing down to your opponents' level in one game. Winning this game would be a good (and necessary) step in the right direction.

I do as well. You don't just wash away 20 years of mediocrity and playing down to your opponents' level in one game. Winning this game would be a good (and necessary) step in the right direction.

I really think we're being a bit kind... it was more 20 years of suckiness with occassional flares of mediocrity. We had a brief oasis of mediocrity during Gibbs II and maybe the end of Turner, but Zorn, Schottenheimer (despite the record that offense was suckiness personified), and Shanahan so far have not been close to mediocrity.

Over the last 20 years we've averaged just under a 7-9 record (136-183-1), with a few playoff appearances and a few years of real suckitude. I don't think mediocre teams make the playoffs (in general, I'm sure you can find a few exceptions) so 7-9 is pretty mediocre. I would define sucky as 5-11 or less. About a third (6 years) we had a 5-11 or worse record, 6 years we had an above .500 record and 8 years we were between 6-10 and 8-8.

EDIT: If I were to create a four point scale it would be sucky, mediocre, good and great teams. I think were in that mediocre range but sub .500 (.427).

Last edited:
Good read Boone. Count me as one who believes we are going to start winning, when we're supposed to. If Slingin Sammy could do it his rookie year, why not Robert. ;)

However, the old superstitionist in me is just a little concerned there was no Boone authored, "Who Wins?" poll, like there was last week.

I know variations of it were whored by others, but I mean, this is important stuff here. Fully justifying their threads being deleted, and replaced by the one that helped bring home the victory last week.

Jeebus people. It ain't paper airplane science.

However, the old superstitionist in me is just a little concerned there was no Boone authored, "Who Wins?" poll, like there was last week.

I know variations of it were whored by others, but I mean, this is important stuff here. Fully justifying their threads being deleted, and replaced by the one that helped bring home the victory last week.

Jeebus people. It ain't paper airplane science.

Your wish is my command.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.