• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D.: I Survived

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
*John has woken up early. His wife is at work. John is in a cheerful and jovial mood this morning. A Redskins fan, he is looking forward to a match...

More...

I thought you were gonna say you reached into the refrigerator and grabbed a Cranberry Beer! :laugh:

Look at it this way, at least you have beer to deaden the pain!

:rotflmao: Great article. And good focus. This season is like having a tooth that needs to be pulled.

We'll all feel better shortly.

I was fortunate. I wasn't able to watch the whole game. I was in the Northern Neck celebrating my anniversary and caught part of the game while having lunch with my wife. The score was 10-0, and Grossman fumbled on a QB keeper. Fortunately, the fumble was overturned otherwise it would have been 17-0. I had seen enough. After driving back home, my brother and law tells me the 'skins just lost in overtime. What?! How could this be? The Redskins had managed to score more than 20 points?! Nevertheless, even though the offense finally managed to score more than 20 the kicking game and defense found a way to lose the game for us. Once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm glad I saved myself the pain of watching the whole thing.

I need to go check on how my fantasy teams are doing. At this point fantasy is all I have left. :cry:

My takes would be:

2:15am, Monday morning, time for bed.

Wake just after 5 busting for a leak. Walk past the laptop on the way to the dunny. Drain the lizard. Walk back past the laptop, should I?, the game is on and we could be leading!. Nah, stupid thought, so back to bed.

Wake again just on 8.30am. Dogs going off. Flick on the kettle on the way to again draining the lizard. Make coffee, fire up laptop. WTF! We're in OT. Romo must have gotten hurt early. Grossout gets us to within FG range. Gano .................................... misses! Ball to Dallas. Hall toasted by Bryant. Bailey FG - Dallas wins.

Time to mow the lawns!

Coors Light? Seriously? Had it turned blue so as to guarantee the optimal drinking temperature (meaning too cold to taste anything)?

Disturbingly realistic, brother.

I was going for that 'Everyman' feel :)

"Everyman"? Pssh. If you were going for that, you should have put in the Pommegranate Cranberry brew of choice.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I said 'Everyman'...not 'I'm Every Woman' :)

I would like to meet this person sometime soon and let him know that all is well in an RG3 world. It's a place that is full of excitement, joy, astonishment, and pride. It comes equipped with an OL that is rock solid and built to last.

John,

The community here at BGO on game day and the thought of drafting a saviour at Quarterback high in the draft (cough...RG3...cough) are the only things that save me these days as a Redskins fan.

I felt dirty this morning and last night knowing that deep down inside, I wanted Gano to miss the OT field goal. I shouted "Graham, you have no business hitting this field goal." My wife looked at me sideways, but sadly, it's my only option at this point. I've experienced the false joy in winning a meaningless game and I've recognized now that it's got this franchise no further ahead.

Our options are limited...I figure I'll try hoping for losses in hopes of a better future.

This is torture at it's best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.