• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Week 9 - The Bye Week

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The guys discuss why the Washington Football Team couldn't get past a very vulnerable Denver Broncos team and where it all goes from here. And almost decide to spend the hour doing a Smoked Brisket Chili Cookoff :)

Lots of good opines on that one gents, the Allen vs TH discussion and the what's the rest of season goal will probably make for interesting threads in the near future.

Something i forgot to mention was that I was happy to hear Rivera had the team out practicing this past week. The team has not 'earned' a bye week off. I heard it during a 'sports flash' on the radio so I'm taking that for what it's worth, but if the coaches had the team out there, it means obviously they're not ok with the results to this point.

You guys using zoom for these podcasts?

yessir

I dont know what happened with my internet by the way... i did a speed test moments after that happened and was running fine

Right on. One of these days I’ll throw in

Great to see Colt McCoy and Dustin Hopkins playing well today, I knew those guys just needed a little bit of coaching and time to turn the corner....

Totally agree on Colt McCoy. That man has endeavored to persevere with the best of 'em. I also can't stop looking at him today, and seeing Taylor Heinicke in 5-6 years--the ultimate backup QB.

On Hopkins, the broadcasters doing that game noted that Washington had indicated the reason they released him wasn't about the FG misses but the PAT misses. Then Hopkins missed a PAT that could well have cost them the game. It'll be a while before I watch Dustin line up for a game-deciding kick and have that warm fuzzy feeling he'll drill it.

Meanwhile in Minny, we see the same story with our old pal Kirk over and over again: Putting up numbers but the wins don't really follow...

The one decision Bruce actually got right.

Totally agree on Colt McCoy. That man has endeavored to persevere with the best of 'em. I also can't stop looking at him today, and seeing Taylor Heinicke in 5-6 years--the ultimate backup QB.

On Hopkins, the broadcasters doing that game noted that Washington had indicated the reason they released him wasn't about the FG misses but the PAT misses. Then Hopkins missed a PAT that could well have cost them the game. It'll be a while before I watch Dustin line up for a game-deciding kick and have that warm fuzzy feeling he'll drill it.

Yeah, Hopkins did what he does. He missed an XP that forced the Chargers to go for 2. They converted the 2 point conversion which set them up to win late. The Chargers were smart and got the game winning FG inside the XP distance. I still think Hopkins is OK kicker. But missing extra points just isn't acceptable.

Meanwhile in Minny, we see the same story with our old pal Kirk over and over again: Putting up numbers but the wins don't really follow...

The one decision Bruce actually got right.

Cousins showed he was Cousins last Sunday night against Dallas. I was watching that game thinking how I've seen this movie so many times. He always comes up short when the lights are brightest. As for yesterday, he didn't play poorly and actually led his team down the field to tie the game in the final seconds. I didn't watch the whole game, so maybe he left more opportunities on the board which necessitated the late comeback. But the problem for Cousins is you can't expect him to make the big play in the big moment.

In life (and especially when it comes to DC football), whenever you hear ‘it couldn’t possibly get any worse’ - be afraid. Because, yes, not only can it get worse, you can probably count on it being worse. Cutting Hopkins in-season for a guy without a career NFL kick is one of the dumbest moves this new regime has made.

Come on, cutting Hopkins showed the rest of the team that Rivera means business and will hold people accountable...........

He hurt the team with that move. Period. I get the criticism of Hopkins which he earned, but you never cut a player in-season if you don’t have someone better to replace him with. And it’s not high school man, you don’t cut guys to ‘send a message’, sorry.

Rivera with another guy from Carolina.....

He hurt the team with that move. Period. I get the criticism of Hopkins which he earned, but you never cut a player in-season if you don’t have someone better to replace him with. And it’s not high school man, you don’t cut guys to ‘send a message’, sorry.
John I was being completely sarcastic in my post - my sarcasm was agreeing with you

Are we selecting kickers just off their interesting names now - Joey and the Slye stone foot after releasing Chris "I" Blewitt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.