• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Week 7 Commanders vs. Green Bay Packers

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The guys discuss the elephant in the room that dominates all Washington Commanders news right now, Taylor Heinicke returning to a starting role, oh - and a pretty critical home clash against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.

Great podcast, guys!

I enjoyed listening to it this morning, as I lay here continued to be sideswiped by this chest infection.

In regards to this weekend's game, I still can't get past the idea that we have always been the traditional cure to other teams' ills. Obviously Green Bay is desperate and they have to be thinking that we are just what the doctor ordered. I would like for a change if we do not follow the traditional script, and don't play dead. The other thing that has got me worried is Green Bay's opponent next week - at Buffalo on a Sunday night. Knowing what they are likely walking into next week, they know they have zero margin for error in Washington. I think you see a workman like effort from GB, and they get the job done in Washington. Hope I am wrong though, because a win would be a real opportunity for Washington to shift the conversation for the time being more towards playoffs than the draft. That's much more of a fun thing to do in October.

That could also be a recipe for looking past this game for Green Bay. Don’t know if it was accurate but I believe Rodgers when questioned about the 2 game losing streak made the comment ‘luckily we play Washington this week’.

Couple things regarding Snyder, I'm not sure the NFL wants to go the route of pushing him out, one word, lawsuit and if Snyder can get to discovery he could uncover a ton of things that could make the league look bad, worse or evil I'd wager. Number two, this is a league that let Deshaun Watson back in after settling what 21 civil lawsuits for lewd behavior, yes he's not an owner but precedent is precedent. Jerry got busted with an illegitimate kid and payout to the mother, Kraft at a rub and tug, Irsay with more pills than the average street dealer. I just don't see this going that far to boot him unless the other owners aren't concerned with "their" business possibly being exposed. Hopefully I'm wrong but what's the over/under there's demons in the closet that the NFL isn't going to be willing to possibly have in the public eye if it goes the legal route. As far as Irsay, dudes a douche nozzle, my corporate office is in Carmel, and they hate him almost as much as we hate Snyder.

Now to the game, the hope we somehow figure out how to balance the run and pass I'll believe it when I see it. If we do go that route this game I'll question whether or not Turner was intent on making Wentz look bad, now he did enough on his own but the play calling has been shit and I can't recall who said it as I was listening in the car was Turner using Wentz like a new toy and ignoring conventional wisdom. Green Bay is almost at a must win with us this week, I'd expect them to be fired up and our secondary might just be the boost Rodgers and his WR's need to get in rhythm and it scares me, he can escape and move and if we only bring 4 he might be slipping out of the pocket and giving the defense nightmares for the back 7.

As far as Goodell's contract, didn't that pile of excrement say after his last contract he wouldn't ask for a renewal?

Was it Bob who mentioned not wanting to push Jahan Dotson too quickly?

Never good to rush hamstring injuries. Even minor things take time.

I will never understand why teams push guys.

So frustrating ... for us and for the player. Has there been any indication the team pushed him?

Good point. No one has suggested they pushed him.

What I should have said is that I don't understand why teams aren't more cautious with guys who have hamstring injuries.

Honestly, I'd rather he sits a week longer than necessary than risk this kind of thing.

Agreed ... it's such a tough call. The team and the player want to get the player get back into it as soon as possible. In that hyper-competitive environment, expecting either side to say 'well it's probably ok, but let's give it another week' must be like the proverbial nails on a blackboard.

Assuming Dotson sits another week or more, it's time to D. Brown to make a statement. We know Terry and Samuels can be counted on, but Brown is still a question mark.

Hammies are tough. Always possible to reaggravate. Suspect Dotson was pushing to get back as much as anyone.

We need Curtis Samuel to look like early season Samuel not drop multiple passes Samuel. Would help if a TE other than Logan Thomas could really contribute too.

Enjoyed the pod as always. Take $100 out of petty cash fellas.:p

Here’s what I don’t get. Why the rush to get Dotson back when you have Gibson? The former WR turned RB?
Use the kid. Get creative with him out of the backfield or slot. Be multifaceted.

I already have a healthy amount of disdain for Turner but Sunday will put the nail in the coffin if it’s the same old game plan.

Here are the offensive guys who didn’t practice today:

Bates
Jonathan Williams
Logan
Dyami
And now Dotson is hurt again

Enjoyed the pod today. I especially thought the analogies about Irsay and Turner were spot on. Hopefully Turner adjusts his game plan and it succeeds, even if it’s a reluctant change.

So fucking lame. Here are your commemorative seat cushions you can grab after you've spent 3 hours sitting on our rock hard stadium seats.

They just cannot get out of their own way.

I kind of agree with JP here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.