• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Week 7 at Green Bay

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The guys debate the latest debacle of a week both off and on the field and discuss the chances of a miracle win in Green Bay on Sunday.

Germane to the positives brought up last night.

The first 25 minutes was incessant bitching to the audience about retiring 21 and what if's and reasoning behind it, what's the purpose?Not trying to be harsh but gents, if someone other than a former Redskins now WFT fan watched that they wouldnt even comprehend why the animosity, keep it simple, keep it focused and next topic. It's no different than music, know when to solo, know when to play through. I enjoy the effort you guys put into this each week but even my sourpuss ass was like "Dayumm" let's move on.

The first 25 minutes was incessant bitching to the audience about retiring 21 and what if's and reasoning behind it, what's the purpose?Not trying to be harsh but gents, if someone other than a former Redskins now WFT fan watched that they wouldnt even comprehend why the animosity, keep it simple, keep it focused and next topic. It's no different than music, know when to solo, know when to play through. I enjoy the effort you guys put into this each week but even my sourpuss ass was like "Dayumm" let's move on.

We've established that SkinsOrlando is in no way a 'suck up' - lol! I can actually feel you on this brother. Our fearless Pig leader hits us with an off-topic wildcard question every week. There were numerous possible 'off the field' potential topics this week including the email scandal, but the ST debate was the hottest of hot on social media so we 'went there'.

Your feedback sort of highlights an internal debate we've had about the pod. Is it primarily just for us, a bunch of guys talking (or venting) about whatever they want around the bar, or is it for public consumption where it may matter more what the topic of choice is? Probably a little of both. We ARE putting it out there, so it probably is relevant to think about 'what might other fans want to hear about?'.

You're probably right that few fans are pining to hear 'even more' about the ST debacle.

To be fair, we don't script the thing. Other than last week's game (to the extent it's worth talking about) and the upcoming contest, anything else we talk about is extemporaneous.

I actually just posted in our pod PM thread that we need to keep the wild card topic, whatever it is, brief and not perseverate on it.

My counter to your excellent point is - you are a Washington fan - right?????! In that context, there's no such thing as 'incessant bitching', at least not of the unwarranted variety. This team deserves all the heat and scorn and vitriole they get, from any direction :)

we try to keep it light, structure is limited but understood. We talk up the latest topics, and ST's ceremony was overshadowed by the fumbling of the team. We kind of felt necessary if we address the fumble of the team, we acknowledge the player. Topics evolve similar to the board.

We're also focused on the WFT so if an outsider listens and doesn't get it... they could join the board and ask :).

Last edited:
All feedback is good feedback :)

Unless you participate and try to help improve it, all you are is a critic.

Sit down and help steer the pod if you think you have something to offer. Otherwise you just look like someone talking shit on people who put themselves out there to try.

I view the show as an extension of the board where the opportunity for thoughts to be extensively discussed in a linear fashion exists.

Let’s be honest, there are very few active participants any more and there is really no flow to conversations. I appreciate the ‘bar talk’ and without bitching about current events involving this embarrassing franchise, what would be worthy subject matter?

This week’s jersey color?

You don't have to 'participate' to offer constructive criticism. When you put anything out in a community setting, whether it's a thread, or a blog, or a post, or a podcast, you invite feedback good, bad, or constructive. That's just the way it is. I appreciate that ANYONE is watching/listening and whatever the feedback it is all good.

I think all S.O. is saying is 'man, that was an epic bitchfest'. You know what? It WAS an epic bitchfest. That's not to say we shouldn't have gone there, but it's fair to say at some point it is just howling at the moon. I have even felt that way, even as I was howling :)

The podcast is a reflection of the site (as Chris mentioned) so whether we are killing it or annoying someone at any given moment, it's fine to express that. The whole point of it all is to spark conversation. I'm not sure where the idea that everyone has to love each of our takes, styles, or opinions came from. It's never going to happen.

You either help make it better or you complain from the sidelines.

I don't complain when I don't offer to help out.

The point of feedback is to make it better. We appreciate the feedback SkinsOrlando. We've talked ourselves about trying to keep it as positive as possible.

We agree to disagree then. I don't appreciate criticism without the offer to help make things better.

Pod was good imo. As far as the Sean Taylor talk, why wouldn't the pod address it? It was a major screw up and in the news and on the minds of most fans all week.

You Pod people (lol) keep doing what you're doing!

I'm a subscriber....love it!

Thanks DP. I agree it was a topic of the moment. I'm just trying to communicate, we want feedback and it doesn't have to be universally positive or in lockstep with the majority.

Boone is right. There was more than one moment in the first 25 where my inner voice was telling me it was time to move on. Then someone would say something that had me bitch slapping the inner voice so I could get in another thought.

We might need to start using an egg timer or something. LOL

If I didn't enjoy the pod gents I wouldn't watch and it's because I enjoy it I opined on what for that episode to me seemed like a bit of overload on one topic. I know because it is more of a free flow discussion it becomes tough to have that hard cut off as if you were recording a song, a tv show etc. You get one take, there's no sound engineer pressing the red light button to wrap it up and move on. I run into this when I do (did past tense pre-covid) training seminars and public speaking how exceedingly difficult it can be to move on. This was not about ST being a topic by any means, hell nothing should be off the table but if you're going to say keep it to an hour hypothetically time restraints become more important.

I have nothing but admiration for the time and dedication you all put in week in and week out, I don't want you to think I posted to poo on all the work you put in. I do however continue to want the pod to grow, so hopefully it will draw in a bigger audience over time, in the future if I have something I feel could be discussed amongst you content creators, if you'd prefer I'll just PM you to avoid any on the board drama.

Dude, no drama here. We appreciate the feedback.

Seriously, we are just glad people watch it and talk about it.

It's all good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.