• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Week 16 at San Francisco 49ers

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The guys talk Taylor Heinicke shenanigans, the bitterly disappointing home loss against the Giants, possible routes to the playoffs, and this team's chances against the juggernaut 49ers in a must-win contest on Saturday. With apologies to Gary Busey.

Every single 9ers reporter I have heard is predicting a blowout. I hope that seeps in to the players locker room.

I like that their defense is not big. They have great players at every level and they are fast. We should not be looking to out flank anyone. Take it straight to them. Shorten the game and take advantage of scoring opportunities.

I’m more worried of how we will cover Kittle and CMC.
We have one good linebacker. In fact we might only have one actual linebacker. Lineman will be able rush Purdy without worrying as much about him scrambling so I expect a lot of screens and short passes to start things out.

Every single 9ers reporter I have heard is predicting a blowout. I hope that seeps in to the players locker room.

I like that their defense is not big. They have great players at every level and they are fast. We should not be looking to out flank anyone. Take it straight to them. Shorten the game and take advantage of scoring opportunities.

I’m more worried of how we will cover Kittle and CMC.
We have one good linebacker. In fact we might only have one actual linebacker. Lineman will be able rush Purdy without worrying as much about him scrambling so I expect a lot of screens and short passes to start things out.

And you better believe Shanahan is going to go RIGHT AT our LBs. I look for A LOT of motion to move the Safeties side to side, then attacking the seams. It's how I would attack our defense. Get the playmakers (Curl, Forrest) outside the hashmarks and turn things into a track meet. Get Davis coming down, get Forrest and Curl going side to side and attack the middle. We're going to need to clog the middle with our DTs, not because Purdy will run up the middle like Jones necessarilly, but to take away the quick passing lanes, and get the hands up to help defend passes.

Said this after the pod, but we give up far too many red zone opportunities for points. We left 9 points potentially on the board last week because we were desperate to score a TD or we didn’t trust Slye from the 34 yd line. Sometimes you need to not overthink it and just take the FG! We’d have 2 additional wins this season imho if we just had taken what was there to be taken instead of trying to do something magical.

yeah well i'm just a hater and I have been since the game vs the Colts.

Boone said it best "we know what we have in Taylor and it isn't an NFL starter (paraphrasing), why not look at someone else". Does a one and done in the playoffs make this a successful season? Not for me, this season feels like when she tells you to whip it out but then won't touch it.

I expected him to play this week but I didn't expect the team to announce it before Sunday.

If you think Taylor is horrible, wait until you put a rookie with zero experience against a real caliber defense. Might as well cut his throat now.

Our coaches don't care about this game. We have zero people who know rivalries, loyalty, or intensity. Shanahan is here to avenge his father again and again.

Deebo is going to eat us alive.

Deebo is out injured, Mike.

Ok. His replacement will eat us up. We have Bostic covering....

Kittle will eat us up
Shit, Jerry Rice could suit up and eat us up. We have no cover in the lb area.

Excellent job again fellas. You all did a good job breaking down how many plays (and penalty calls) if they had just gone the other way would have changed this game. And I agree that the last several games were the same way, just they went the commanders way. I guess it’s one of those things where when you rely on those types of plays to win, at some point it’s going to even out and you will start to lose on those plays.

As for this week, it would not surprise me to see them win this week, get us all hyped up again, then lose to Cleveland next week. I mean, it’s what they do. But I think they will lose 19-11.

SF offense just isn’t that good outside of McCaffrey. This defense can’t make the other guys look good. Kittle has not been good this year outside of last week, and while Aiyuk is good, he’s inconsistent. I don’t think anyone could even name another skill player other than Samuel who is out. The defense has been playing well enough to win this last stretch of games, but just containing the 49ers won’t be enough to win this game. I think the 49ers, like the Giants last week, will know they can play a certain style and win. They will try to get to 20 and dare the Commanders offense to get that against their defense. It don’t think they will, and I think it will be ugly getting even 1 TD. The way to change all this is for the defense to get turnovers and give the offense a short field.

I would love to be wrong about this, so very wrong.

We also have the potential to score on a return or get a defensive score. Either of those things would be very helpful. This game could be a battle of kickers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.