• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Week 1 Preseason vs. Carolina Panthers

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The guys talk all things Preseason opener, with a little Dan Snyder bashing thrown in - because it's what we do!

For those who won’t get the game locally, it’ll be on the NFL Network twice:

Sun 8/14 at 4:30 a.m.
Thurs 8/18 at 1:30 p.m.

I'm with Neo on this one, I don't expect diddly poo. Especially pre-season game 1, for me, no injuries and then I consider the game a success.

I think we all know that starters will play minimal snaps, some maybe none at all. In terms of ‘what we are watching for’, I think most of us were referencing the entire preseason and early regular season play. Obviously we are not going to learn a lot in preseason, at least not anything that will be a reliable indicator of how good or bad the team will be on 2022.

I demand complete and utter domination from both sides!!

Remember Osaka!!!

I remember Osaka. And then flubber lips and ‘5-11 … not very good’ :)

Sage remembers Osaka!

Can't lie, I'm as excited to see Baker play as well.

We should place bets on who will be the first media member to say that Howell should be the starter. As was mentioned on the podcast, it’s going to happen soon, so let’s see who calls for it. My money is on the muppet, Thom Leverro.

John Paul Flame "JP" from the Sports Junkies.

Lock he looks at preseason stats and suggest Howell should be starting.. maybe even by week 1.

If we're looking specifically at 'beat' guys, I have to agree with Kel... Loverro.

Can't lie, I'm as excited to see Baker play as well.

Not really football-related, but it seems like we'll have our own Baker Mayfield playing at QB, as well on Saturday.
Hard to deny the resemblances with Mayfield and Howell.
It's not just the beard. But the eyebrows, eyes, smile, etc.
Howell has a thicker neck, though. I like that aspect

plctyfejpfw9d25dovi3.jpg

i

If he's as good as Baker he'll find a place to start one day

So, I haven't sat down to watch the game yet, as I am out of town visiting family and am having trouble streaming it from a streaming service I subscribe to. That said, I have seen a few clips of the game on Twitter/Instagram, caught a glimpse of the uniforms in a game setting, and heard the fight song. In all honesty, it was REALLY hard for me catching a glimpse for the first time. Like super difficult hard. I had a bad feeling this might happen when the games started. I want to warm up to this rebrand with time and all I can say is I hope the product on the field gives me some incentive this season.

I had the opposite experience for the most part. Seeing the W at center field and the ‘Commanders’ in the endzone felt kind of normal. I think probably because of the seasons as the ‘WFT’ I’ve already detached from the ‘Redskins’ as the reality is they are gone forever. I’ve even gotten used to Commanders as the name somewhat. I’ll never like it but I have gotten used to it. The fight song is just plain stupid and apparently they are determined to have a mascot and I fear that’ll be equally stupid.

I don’t love the white uni’s but the helmet with the matte finish is very cool. Even the new ‘W’ has grown in me.

can everyone see the names listed under us or is that just me because i was the one who recorded the 'meeting?

So Boone , Canadian Hog , Neophyte , Om - Lets re-visit our 3 questions and how things turned out.... I'm interested to hear each of your reactions to re-visiting these.

1. What do you want to see from Wentz.

2. What else are you most excited to see - non Wentz edition

3. Preseason darling. Who were they and did they show out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.