• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Pre-Sale Victory Dance Edition

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The guys talk some post-NFL draft, the impending finalization of the sale of the Washington Commanders, Dan Snyder's toxic influence on this franchise, and what new ownership's immediate priorities should be. Warning: Those triggered or prone to seizures when exposed to 'name change' discussion should discuss the risks and benefits of BGO Blind Pig with their physician before viewing this portion of the podcast.

Nice pod, guys.

Clearly there are still demons remaining to be exorcised. Personally I have now moved on though I will always hold a grudge against Snyder for stealing so much from my soul for so long. But there is a reason why a car’s windshield is much larger than it’s rearview mirror, what is ahead is more important than what is behind. (Ted Lasso). So I will focus on hope for the future rather than the disappointment of the past. I never thought that I would have that opportunity. I was wrong.

Mark- I too watched the McAffee interview of Wright. He is obviously a smart man and I thought he presented very well. I believe though that he is a better ‘politician’ than operator. I do wonder how he wound up here. There is no way in my mind that Snyder discovered him. Was he thrust upon Snyder by the league?

As far as the current name goes…I have never uttered or written the C word and probably never will, only the Wizards is worse in my mind. I guess that says something about change strictly for social awareness reasons. I do think it should be changed and that the uniforms should be changed. It’s not at the top of my list for the new owners but is definitely in my top 5.

• On Fire
Reactions: Om
"I have never uttered or written the C word..."

That's gold, Jerry. Gold.

The McAfee appearance did nothing to sway me on Jason Wright. I actually had watched about half of it the day it came out before turning it off. McAfee also did a love fest pod with Wright in the days before they announced the new name. If you want to re-live your frustrations with how that was managed, that’ll likely raise your BP :)

I think Wright is a dynamic guy with a big personality who has largely been in way over his head. Maybe he will have better luck going forward from learning from his experiences in DC. But I think new ownership would be best served starting fresh.

Noticed that Kaz Allen was a Redskin. :cool:

Good Pod. Really helps out the work drive.

BTW, the other part of the name change and Jason Wright was how they ran from the team's history in the rebrand but willingly pulled it out when they felt they needed to draw fans back. One of the main reasons I cannot stand Wright.

Keep up the great work fellas...

Great job, guys. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

As a displaced lifelong fan, growing up as a child, the name, uniforms, and logo meant EVERYTHING to me. I didn't have the luxury as a kid to catch the Redskins game on TV every Sunday, but when my local market carried the Skins game, I to this day remember the feelings of excitement I had seeing that logo and uniform on the tube.

I am glad John mentioned that we all have the right to feel however we want to feel right now about this franchise. The name is something I will never get over, but please, for the love of all things holy, can I have a uniform that still makes me see the Redskins to a certain extent? That's all I ask at this point...oh, and win too.

Noticed that Kaz Allen was a Redskin. :cool:

Good Pod. Really helps out the work drive.

BTW, the other part of the name change and Jason Wright was how they ran from the team's history in the rebrand but willingly pulled it out when they felt they needed to draw fans back. One of the main reasons I cannot stand Wright.

Keep up the great work fellas...

I've been talking since Bienemy came here about how he'll want to find his scatback option in the Pacheco (and Tyreek, though he's a WR) mold. So easy to envision him finding ways to move such a player around in formations, looking to isolate and/or hide him in order to get him the ball in space with a chance to do the open-field dance. Maybe, just maybe, in addition to an obvious option as a kick returner, this guy could prove to be a secret weapon. He wouldn't need to be a bell cow, just a guy you try to get the ball to 4-6 times a game in key situations to try to bust a big one.

If nothing else, I suspect he'll be a bit of a preseason darling in C-word Land this fall. :)

Some good stuff on our new RB…

I've been talking since Bienemy came here about how he'll want to find his scatback option in the Pacheco (and Tyreek, though he's a WR) mold. So easy to envision him finding ways to move such a player around in formations, looking to isolate and/or hide him in order to get him the ball in space with a chance to do the open-field dance. Maybe, just maybe, in addition to an obvious option as a kick returner, this guy could prove to be a secret weapon. He wouldn't need to be a bell cow, just a guy you try to get the ball to 4-6 times a game in key situations to try to bust a big one.

If nothing else, I suspect he'll be a bit of a preseason darling in C-word Land this fall. :)

I think Curtis Samuel might have Bienemy salivating as well. It’ll be interesting to see if Allen a) makes the team, and b) if they use him beyond his presumed role as a returner?

Reactions: Om
Brutal. And not completely off base.

Wasn't that long ago he was touring facilities with the Snyder's with a big smile on his face.

Apparently Loverro didn't watch the Pat Macafee appearance. ;)

Going to be very interesting to watch the first few weeks of the new ownership regime. We'll probably get a pretty good sense of how likely it is Wright will be around long term based on how much/how often we see and hear him speaking for the team during the transition and honeymoon period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.