• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Blind Pig: Offensive Draft Possibilities

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia

Video to follow

Wide Receivers

Drake London

Jameson Williams

Wan’dale Robinson

Calvin Austin

QB Highlight Packs

Desmond Ridder

Carson Strong

Offensive Linemen

Luke Goedeke

Spencer Burford

(turn the volume off for this one if you don't want to hear music filled with foul language)

Rasheed Walker

TIGHT END

How it fits for Wash in 2022:

With a projected starting pair of TE's of Logan Thomas and John Bates, the team seems in decent shape. Thomas is a legit matchup-nightmare pass-catching TE, while Bates showed signs as a rookie of being both a solid blocker and having better-than-average hands. The obvious asterisk is Logan Thomas' health. His debut season here in 2020 set the bar high--he caught 72 passes and scored 6 TD's, emerging as a threat down the field and in the red zone. Last season was largely a washout, unfortunately. He only played in six games and was never able to take his game to the next level. His absence was sorely felt. IF he's healthy, and can stay on the field, Washington is in good shape at TE. But it's a big "if."

So if the team is considering TE in this draft, I don't think it'll be for a TE2 like Bates, who may already be that guy in training. I think it would be for a possible developmental TE1 with athleticism and speed who might be brought along to back up Thomas and, with any luck, grow into the role if necessary.

This year's TE draft class doesn't have a consensus, first-round pass-catching threat in that mold. There's no Kyle Pitts to tempt the team at 11, even if they were so inclined. In fact none of the TE's in this class is rated as a first-rounder in the rankings. The consensus top-rated guy is Trey McBride out of Colorado State. I see him as a good solid player, but not a true NFL pass-catching TE in the Thomas mold. Then again I sit at a computer.

Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 246. Arm: 32.63. Hand: 10.13.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Bench: 18. Vertical: 33. Broad: 9-9.
Projected Round (2022): 2-3

So, in the event the team shares the concerns over Thomas' health and decides to take a shot at a mid- to late-round TE, here are some guys that might be worth a look:

Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA
Height: 6-4. Weight: 243.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2022): 2-3

I actually kind of like this guy. He's rangy and long and deceptively athletic. Also looks to have solid ball skills. Probably a reach at pick 47 though, and will likely be long gone before we pick at 113.

As a solid for my man Boone ... :)

Jelani Woods, TE
Height: 6’7 (not a typo); Weight: 259 lbs.
Class: RS-Senior
School: Virginia
40-yard-dash: 4.61s
Bench press: 24 reps

And finally--with apologies for the somewhat-too-perky host of this Top 10 TE ranking vid--this kid actually did a pretty thorough job. Some overlap with the above, but for those of you inclined to deep dive:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP updated with some TE stuff.

Logan Paulsen echoing a lot of my feedback on Drake London last night…

Sports illustrated seems to think we need to draft a RB early on due to Gibson being hurt. Kind of mind blowing to me, but they said it.

I will be honest - you guys sold me last night on London. He wouldn't have been my first choice for WR, but the more I think about it, he embodies much of what we lack at the receiver position. He would be the perfect complement to what we already have in terms of skillset at WR.

Chris Mortenson saying he’s going top 10 and that it’s possible the Eagles move up to get him. Who knows though? Would love if he fell to us and we took him but a lot of things would have to happen and he may not be high on Washington’s board for that matter.

The only downside of educating yourself on draft prospects is - you get excited about certain guys and when your team doesn't grab your guy, it's all the more disappointing, lol. I will try and keep an open mind and hope for the best :)

I am envious of some of these teams that have megapicks. When's the last time we had multiple high picks or multiple early round picks? I can't remember it happening.

The only downside of educating yourself on draft prospects is - you get excited about certain guys and when your team doesn't grab your guy, it's all the more disappointing, lol. I will try and keep an open mind and hope for the best :)

I am envious of some of these teams that have megapicks. When's the last time we had multiple high picks or multiple early round picks? I can't remember it happening.

This is 100 percent correct. I still remember SilentThreat's reaction last year when we passed on Christian Darrisaw in round 1 during the live draft chat 😆. I personally have started to just remind myself over the last few years that there are going to be multiple picks we make that come out of left field. The draft is unpredictable like that. Guys we haven't even mentioned a peep about will be wearing our colours come training camp. We saw it last year with guys like St. Juste and Bates, as well as with many of the Day 3 picks. If the picks are justifiable from a needs standpoint in most instances, I suppose you chalk it up as a win and then you just hope that these guys pan out.

Chris Mortenson saying he’s going top 10 and that it’s possible the Eagles move up to get him. Who knows though? Would love if he fell to us and we took him but a lot of things would have to happen and he may not be high on Washington’s board for that matter.

If that was the Eagles plan, why did they trade 2 picks to New Orleans to move down and pick up another one next year? That handcuffs them in moving up. I’ve wondered why they would make a pre draft trade without knowing how the board will fall. If they want to move up to get a guy, their previous trade makes little sense.

You all definitely sold me on London. 88 catches in 8 games? That’s some productivity. Plus his skill set and physical traits being something they don’t have that can compliment McLaurin and the other WR. I’ll take that.

GREAT podcast again fellas. :D CAn't wait for draft night.
Being a Brit, I can't help but be excited about a player called London. I already want the jersey! LOL

LoL, i guess my thought process came to fruition, PFF has Ridder going 8th overall to the Falcons.

He's climbing the board, and I don't think he's going to be there in the 20s, let alont he 2nd round anymore.

Like I said, QBs are always overdrafted. Seeing a lot of noise both my WRs could go top 10 too.

That just increases the likelihood a guy like Hamilton could fall. I think this is a great spot to be in this year. So much possible talent available and there is the possibility of trading down if all the guys they like are taken or if a QB falls that some other team really wants.

😲

Commentary after the clip echoes what I said the other night. We need London.

Little voice in my head is saying he doesn’t fall to 11.

Quite possible. No way of knowing though, especially if QBs start dropping.

Reactions: Om
😮

F0FCC13D-5E6D-4103-8270-EB2E8CAFB8B1.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.