• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Beyond the Athlete: Albert Haynesworth

Sarge

This makes me feel a little better about Fat Al. Still disturbed that he admittedly doesn't know a thing about the 3-4 but still isn't around to learn

http://www.backsportspage.com/beyon...d-the-athlete-albert-haynesworth-part-ii.html

Despite his playing last season with the Washington Redskins, Haynesworth's name in the NFL was created in Tennessee with the Titans. This is also the same great state in which he played his college football. When asked about him being picked to play for the Titans in the 2002 draft, Haynesworth seemed agitated that he didn’t get selected sooner, yet he was grateful to be drafted by the Titans organization.

Of course, with new coordinators come new changes in how the game is played and Haslett is no different. The type of defense Haslett employs is a 3-4 defense, a defense Haynesworth is not familiar with at all, yet he is open to it looks forward to playing it.

“At first I was a little iffy to it because I’ve never played in the 3-4. I don’t have a clue to how it’s really played. But then I talked to him a little bit and he plans on just playing me in the middle a little bit and at end. I guess I’ll just move around and just wreak havoc; so as long as we’re doing that and I’m not just at one position, I’m fine, I’m fine with it.”

I don't buy it.

If Haynesworth was upset about the Redskins offseason program in 2009, fine - we all were upset with the results :)

However, for him to skip out on Shanahan's program which all of the other veteran players say is much different shows his absence is more about making a statement than about getting into shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.