• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Best Lawn Mower Ever

Snydershrugged

The Franchise Player
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BQBLNvWwUA[/media]

I want it. When the Deere dies, I may take this plunge.

I didn't watch the video, and never heard of the company so I can't comment on it specifically.......but as someone with 15 years of landscaping experience, I can say without hesitation that if you're buying it at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc., not only is it not the best ever, it isn't even among the best currently available.

If you want to get a top notch mower that will never need replacing, you need something like Walker or a Dixie Chopper. Steel deck instead of aluminum, steel gears instead of belts, and you never need to replace them, because they just don't die. Not for a homeowner anyway. I personally prefer Walker over Dixie Chopper, but it's because Dixie Choppers are too fast to be useful. Those ones you get at big box stores are too slow too be useful, and their belts and cheap aluminum construction are designed for failure.

But there's a reason people flock to the big box stores for their mowers - they're cheap. I bought a Walker riding mower in 1998. I got the smaller model with the 42 inch deck. It was just over $12,000. But I used it commercially for a decade, and still use it for my yard now. And it works as good as it did the day I bought it. The gauge loops at 10,000 hours and mine is currently at over 15,000. You'd be hard pressed to find any other mower that can hit the 1,000 hour mark. And the available attachments make it an option as a driller, a tractor, a plow, and about a dozen other things.

View attachment 562

They currently have a model that's around $7,000. It's a lot pricier than most mowers you'll find at the average store, but it will last forever. And the maintenance cost is microscopic compared to most mowers.

Last edited:
On a related note, I bought a new tiller yesterday. Looked at several brands, but fell in love with a Husqvarna...has a Honda engine which has to be a good thing -looks very durable and also has forward and reverse tine ability. I think this is going to be a great machine and can't wait to put it to the test in the next couple of weeks.

On a related note, I bought a new tiller yesterday. Looked at several brands, but fell in love with a Husqvarna...has a Honda engine which has to be a good thing -looks very durable and also has forward and reverse tine ability. I think this is going to be a great machine and can't wait to put it to the test in the next couple of weeks.
Let me know how it does. I've returned every tiller I've ever bought. For me they always ended up looking way better than they worked. There's a Honda one I end up renting every year from Home Depot, but it's way out of my price range currently. I just can't throw down $800 on a tiller I need once a year.

Yes Ex, the Dixie Chopper is great, but does it have a 7100 W Generator or be used like an ATV? No! (hey, just cuz its from Lowes doesnt mean its not good!) (LOL, just teasing, I LOVE the Dixie Chopper, but honestly can never afford one. )

You will be happy with the reverse tine option, especially if you are breaking tough ground. I picked up a sweet Craftsman last year that I now have dubbed.

"Man Machine":afro:

Yes Ex, the Dixie Chopper is great, but does it have a 7100 W Generator or be used like an ATV? No! (hey, just cuz its from Lowes doesnt mean its not good!) (LOL, just teasing, I LOVE the Dixie Chopper, but honestly can never afford one. )
It doesn't but I'm not a Dixie Chopper fan anyway. They're more style over substance. Walker mowers on the other hand, they have things you wouldn't expect from a mower too, but they're definitely pricey. To my knowledge, it's the only mower that can clear a lot, plant trees, rake your yard, grade land, spray chemicals, spread seed and fertilizer, edge your yard, till your yard, dethatch your yard, dig trenches for a sprinkler system, haul supplies, and cut your grass.

It's like the Jamaican of mowers :laugh:
(In Living Color Reference)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BQBLNvWwUA[/media]

I want it. When the Deere dies, I may take this plunge.

Cool concept, but from what I'm reading, it has a few flaws, mostly as an atv. They mentioned it only has suspension in the front, so ride quality as an ATV is lacking. Also noted it is useless on a grade in high gear. The brushless motors they use are common in the mobility industry. It's like a big power wheel chair only with a gen set. They mention that the system is similar to modern locomotives.

http://todaysmower.com/2013/raven/

I had my Deere RX 75 rider 15 years, and it was 5 years old when I got it. Kind of hard to talk me out of a Deere with a Kawasaki engine if I was to get another rider. Right now I have a walk behind. The exercise has done me good.....

That's a pretty cool mower in the vid, makes ya wanna hit the trails with it after the yard work.

Toughest mower I've ever owned was a little Briggs and Stratton push mower. Every summer it would start by the 2nd pull. Kept it uncovered in the back yard of Vegas with constant 110+ heat too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.