• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Behind Enemy Lines: The Longest Week

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
It is the end of the longest short week of the year. You know the one; it follows the most frustrating long weekend of the year. Labor Day weekend. ...

More...

Nice write-up.

Missed field goals makes you 5-11
Multiple interceptions per game makes you 5-11
Giving up 3rd and longs in the 4th quarter makes you 5-11
Having punt returns for touch downs called back for blocks in the back makes you 5-11

I'm looking for a team that does the little things right this year. Screwing up the little things is what makes you go 5-11. If we can get the little things right we can easily win 10 games. Last year that won the division.

We'll see. Hopefully our new QB is a leader and puts people in their place and demands something better than 'forget about it and try again next time' from his teammates.

I keep saying 7-9 for this season, but you bring up some excellent points. However, this schedule is not the same as last year and the division (NFCE) is greatly improved too. Are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges? I tend to think it is a little of both.

With that in mind, I'm still leaning toward 7-9. I wouldn't be overly surprised at 10-6 though. Anything better is just amazing imho, but not likely. The Redskins are much closer than a year ago and a case can be made for playoff contenders for 2013 and beyond. But hey, why wait? Either way, I'm ready for some football. Great thoughts on how the season may go.

Hey Bob - you need to write more often brother :)

I consider myself *retired* from the prediction business, at least when it comes to season record predictions. But as tshile mentions, a few failings here and there and we aren't much better than we were in 2011. On the other hand, with some luck and overachieving at key positions, I could easily see this year's Redskins challenging for a playoff position.

Which way does the worm turn?

I have no idea. All I know is, this will be one of the most exciting seasons we've had since Gibbs returned. And you really can't ask for much more than that :)

Notice I did not predict playoffs nor did I even pick a record. This piece was really more about the fact that this team was really just a few plays away from winning our division last year and I'm not talking about amazing or heroic plays either. I am talking about a few ordinary plays by the QB and the K. That is it.

In theory we have upgraded both positions this year without apparently losing ground anywhere else. Consider how young this team is and at this point the gain in experience outweighs the advances of age from one year to the next. Really, only Fletcher on defense and Moss on offense are concerns in the age category. Moss came in this year in better shape than he has in years and Fletcher has a painting in the attic.

We are obviously better at the QB, WR, RB and DL positions. We should be better at the LB positions after the experience Riley and Kerrigan got last year and the full off season they got this year. And no worse than last year in the Secondary and OL.

But it really all depends on Griff. How far this team goes will depend on how much he looks like a rookie and how big an upgrade his first year is over Rex's last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.