• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

be honest now

I've been a diehard Redskin fan longer than I care to mention. I support my team every year. I live and die by them.

Biggest difference is I've lowered my expectations. Now I just don't want us to lose every game and happy if we split with Dallas. Sadly, I'm see glory in moral victories. I haven't bought any merchandise in years.

Snyder has to shoulder much of the blame for the poor product we see every year. I also put some of the blame on the players. We seem to have too many "me" players that are out there just for the paycheck. I don't see the passion and leadership that we had in 60's through the 80's. I'm not saying we don't have leaders or players that care, just to many of the others.

The Redskins have the become the team players come to for that big payday.
Snyder has his faults, but he also has tried everything imaginable to field a winner.

In retrospect, if we had stuck with Marty S. chances are we would have been a better team year in and year out. Snyder just got impatient and didn't let his system play out. Darrell Green complained about Marty, which like the rest of us he probably made some mistakes as well.

This time Snyder can't get impatient. He needs to let Shanahan work his plan for several years. We can't keep changing coaches and systems. Time to be patient.

Whew...I feel better now. :)

Snyder has his faults, but he also has tried everything imaginable to field a winner.

...except emulating the proven winners like New England, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. Except relinquishing control over personnel decisions (until now, maybe?).

Lanky, he did with Marty, but only for one year before trying to regain some control. Snyder does have an itchy trigger finger.

As your reference to now...time will only tell if he's change or still the same person.

I for one will never understand the people that say they won't watch or support their team until they're doing better, more respectable, etc. Maybe it's because I'm a homer, but I am obsessed regardless of their record.

Sure, I obviously love it more when they're winning like Charlie Sheen, but who doesn't. Just remember though, it isn't the fault of the players, it's the fault of Danny. That's why I will always show my guys support, no matter what happens.

Oh you sorely misunderstood me. I still watch, read, crave everything redskins info-wise... but I'm just not willing to stare at the screen for hours, watch NFL live or total access every night just for that 3 second crack on my team, pay for tickets, travel way out of my way to watch my team get embarrassed, re: giants at fedex on Dec 19th two years ago... I drove 1400 miles that weekend.... For what? 50k giants fans making fun of me to my face in our stadium, while we lose horrifically?

Not all the rah rah is gone, but I will still watch, and support, that will never change. Just not financially. Danny boy gets not one red cent from me, I have spent tens of thousands of dollars supporting my team, traveling all over the country to see them, tickets, tailgates, clothing, etc.. I'll be happy for yall at the game when they start winning again, I' just done with that part of it for now.

Oh yeah and sorry, it is the fault of that players in many instances. Players like AH? I lost my voice specifically yelling at him to get his fat ass off the turf or the sideline or the sideline turf at least a half dozen times. Id get into more examples, but there are too many mancrushes around to start arguing about effort from our players over the past few years.

Those who think it doesnt matter to Danny.. The ticket office called me 5 times this week. Yeah... I'll get right back to ya.

Last edited:
ok....it's early.......but in all frankness.....what do you see on the horizon for this team?

Vinny dug a hole. Bruce made it deeper making bad bets on McNabb and Brown. now.....we really don't have a strong draft position, FA is off in the distant future, we don't have a QB on the roster who will be here in two years, too many holes......I'm seeing hard times next season....very hard times

pls....convince me I'm off.........

I think we're probably looking at a similar result to last year, maybe a couple more wins. I'm just hoping the Skins have a great draft and don't trade away any picks for old players. Then at least we'll know there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.