• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

B/R NFL 1000: Top 35 Left Tackles | Trent Williams #1

tshile

B/R NFL 1000: Top 35 Left Tackles | Bleacher Report

1. Trent Williams, Washington Redskins

Pass Block - 45/50
A smooth, fluid athlete at left tackle, Trent Williams (6’5”, 325 lbs, four seasons) comes off the ball like a tight end. But make no mistake, he blocks like a left tackle. In pass protection, he slides his feet well to cut off outside rushers, but he has the presence of mind to keep his inside shoulder protected. Quick, strong hands allow him to punch and redirect pass-rushers and win by stunning them off the ball. He can get bent backward at times and isn’t exceptionally strong, but his quickness and agility are elite.

Run Block - 47/50
One of the best in the league at getting to the second level of the defense, Williams' best asset in the run game is his agility. He’s quick and balanced in space and doesn’t lunge or overextend when trying to get to outside linebackers. He shows good reach and has a light step and calm footwork when coming down the line of scrimmage.

Overall - 92/100
One of the most athletic and patient left tackles in the NFL, Williams' play doesn’t receive the national attention it should. His balance as a pass-blocker and run defender made him the best and most valuable left tackle in the game in 2013.

Well, gotta give Shanahan credit for that one. Okung is a good LT, but he seems to be injured a lot. I think we chose wisely with this pick.

Number one? Wow... I'm not sure how much I trust bleacher report, but it's nice to have a highly regarded tackle again.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

GTFO...#1? Makes me even more depressed about the rest of the line...we're totally WASTING this kid's career.

Happened to Chris Samuels too.

Pro bowler 5 or 6 times and only one playoff win in 10 plus years.

Happened to Chris Samuels too.

Pro bowler 5 or 6 times and only one playoff win in 10 plus years.

Difference was, he was part of a pretty solid line for a number of years.

Number one? Wow... I'm not sure how much I trust bleacher report, but it's nice to have a highly regarded tackle again.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

GTFO...#1? Makes me even more depressed about the rest of the line...we're totally WASTING this kid's career.

I don't much trust bleacher report but I honestly think there's no question he's top 3 in the league, and in my opinion he is #1. Especially when you factor in age and future potential. The people he's competing with for the #1 spot aren't exactly spring chickens and only have a short time left in the league. Williams is arguably still trying to enter his prime...

I think he's that good. If I had to pick a LT to build a team with he'd be my pick. Not too many other guys on the roster I can say that about.

I don't think we're wasting his career, I think he has a long future ahead of him. We just need to recognize that having 1 of these guys isn't enough. We need a second guy in that group that is at the top of the league in that position. Preferably a center. I have a feeling that would transform this team form a decent run block/bad pass block team into a top group in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.