• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Assemble Your "All-Time" Redskins/WFT Draft Class

The last year that any of these guys on my list played was 2002 (Green). I know this is an “All Time” list but man that seems like quite a while.

I made a very hopeful list of the current players. You need to use your imagination a bit. There are two Chase’s on this list. Is that a double word score or something?

1 – Chase Young
2 – Ryan Anderson
3 – Terry McLaurin
4 – Wes Martin
5 – Matt Ioannidis
6 – Chase Roullier
7 – Jimmy Moreland

Round 1- I wanted to go Darrel Green but I am gonna take Jim Lachey who was drafted in the first round by san diego because a great Oline neutralises pass rush which means you keep your qb healthy. if im starting a franchise, I want to keep my young qb from getting killed. tough call though because both were generational talents at their spots. almost gave DG the nod for longevity.

Round 2 - Gary Clark you gotta have at least one deep threat and if it can also be a possession guy, win.

Round 3 – Russ Grimm I would build my Oline first and lachey with Grimm is a damn fine start.

Round 4 – Don Warren not big stats but helps in the run game and can also help in pass pro ask LT.,

Round 5 – Dexter Manley would give you a great pass rush. immediately.

Round 6 – Rypien behind a great Oline with some deep threats was unreal.

Round 7 –Hanburger no question. where else would you get a probowl centerpiece for your defence at round 7 (actually 18 lol)?

adding these lower round guys
schlereth in rd 10
Raleigh mackenzie in round 11
Joe Jacoby undrafted.
yeah thats a beast of an oline and a bunch of unheralded guys mixed with acouple high rounders.

1st Round - Sammy Baugh, QB
2nd Round - Paul Krause, DB
3rd Round - Russ Grimm, G
4th Round - Don Warren, TE
5th Round - Dexter Manley, DE
6th Round - Ed Simmons, T
7th Round & Beyond - Chris Hanburger

UFA - Joe Jacoby, T

On offense, it all starts with the QB and keeping them upright. On defense, it starts with getting to the QB.

The Redskins had a pretty poor draft history for many years and then in 1964 they drafted Hall of Famers with their #1 (Charley Taylor) and #2 (Paul Krause) picks and then followed it up in 1965 taking Hanburger another HOFer in the 18th round.

Then in 1966 it went back to rinse - wash - repeat until Lombardi arrived.

1. Sean Taylor - He terrorized offenses and could single-handedly disrupt an entire game plan.

2. Russ Grimm - I still remember him telling Dallas what the play was gonna be before every snap, then backing it up as we repeatedly ran it down their throat.

3. Charles Mann - No explanation needed.

4. Stephen Davis - Every time he got the ball, he had the potential to drag 11 guys into the end zone.

5. Brian Mitchell - A lot of people will disagree, but he's still the only player we've ever had that made me believe every punt or kick was a possible TD for us.

6. Alfred Morris - I will never get over is not keeping him. Little was expected when he was drafted, but he had me out of my seat every time he touched the ball. Best power runner outside of Riggins we've ever had.

7+. Gus Frerotte - Never before and never since did someone with so little expectations give us so much hope and so much to cheer for. Even more incredible when you consider Shuler was supposed to be the messiah, and Frerotte was drafted as his backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.