• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Chris

Ring of Fame
BGO Ownership Group
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Game Thread- Are You Ready For Some Football?

I must admit that this weekend was a little different for me.

I didn't go through any of the common Sunday withdrawals usually associated with Monday Night Football games or bye weeks. I watched a couple of good games (Vikes/Steelers, Saints/Fins, Cards/Giants) and thought nothing about my lifelong favorite franchise.

Truthfully it was more than a little different. It was downright strange.

Then today I started to make adjustments to my day to free myself up for an 8:30 game. Little by little, as the time passed, I started to get a feeling. And that feeling began to grow in intensity. Slowly at first, then faster, then stronger. I began to ask "What if?".

What if this Gang That Can't Shoot Straight can find a little lightning in a bottle? What if they can be just like Al's team and pull out an unexpected win at home? What if they can take all of the drama, all of the craziness, all of the distractions, and all of the anger and lay a beating on a hated division rival?

What if they can embarrass the Eagles in front of a national audience instead of themselves?

Now, now, at least one more time, I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

Are you with me?

**** the Eagles.

Last edited:
Remember, it was just about this time last year that we won back-to-back road games against the Cowboys and Eagles, won 4 straight through the teeth of the most difficult part of our schedule and were about to face a string of supposed patsies.

And then we lost to the winless Rams who had just replaced their coach, and the rest is history.

So, who's to say the opposite won't happen tonight? You never know, which is why they play the games.

That said, we're gonna get crushed.

Chris........let's just make this the game thread.....keeps the board from being cluttered with redundant threads.

I AM READY FOR FOOTBALL.

Lordy, I hope the REDSKIN players are also.

GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!

How to make this game fun no matter what tonight.

ESPN MNF drinking game.......

Everytime the word "playcalling" or the phrase "calling the plays" is used take a drink

Everytime the camera pans to Sherm Lewis....take a drink

Bonuses:
Use of the word BINGO.....take 2 drinks
Pans to an angry Snyder or bored Vinny....take 2 drinks

If the Skins score a TD....STOP DRINKING, you've had enough, you're hallucinating :help:
J/K

The last time we played the Eagles on a Monday night in I think 2002, and lost like 37-7. I was in Austin at a conference.

Guess where I am now.

This is a game the Redskins might inexplicably win. Don't get me wrong - there's no reason on God's green Earth to believe that - but when you're the George Costanza of the NFL, and are used to doing the 'exact opposite', you throw in a win when no one thinks its possible, just to screw with the media and fan's heads baby!

I find myself in one of the most uncomfortable places I've ever been in as a Redskins fan. I almost (and I cannot emphasize the 'almost' enough here) would like to see the Redskins humiliated on national TV. I don't want my team to lose, not really. But I have to admit that I'd like to see Snyder and Cerrato totally humiliated in front of the Monday Night Football crowd for all to see. I'm nearly convinced it's going to have to get a lot worse before it gets much better. I want more pressure brought to bear on the geniuses in Ashburn, not less. If that takes some personal pain on the part of my fandom for the future good, I'll suck it up and watch it happen.

That being said, we may just pull off an inexplicable, improbable, impossible to explain win.

Or we'll lose by 40.

My gut feeling is that this is not going to end well.

The Redskins have been in a state of disorganization all week while the Eagles are focused after a loss to the lowly Raiders.

Washington's defense usually struggles against quality quarterbacks so this matchup against McNabb doesn't look so great either.

The only chance I see is for the DL to take advantage of the Eagles vulnerable OL to create turnovers and score points on their own.

Campbell and the offense have proven game after game they are good for between 6 and 17 points a game.

In order to win in the NFL you need to score 23 or 24 points.

I don't see the offense doing that tonight without help from the defense or ST.

The way the ESPN announcers have talked about this team tonight has been beyond embarassing. I believe the worst is yet to come.

Really.

Berman is having a field day because he has hated the Redskins for years. The others are just jumping on because it is good copy.

Berman had a long history with DeBartolo and the 49ers and even received a Super Bowl ring from the organization when he was a working 'journalist'.

Talk about no ethics :laugh:

But, it is indeed embarrassing that this team has allowed itself to expose its neck to be chopped off in prime time.

Really, such a change from the Caps games now.

I was in Montreal on business and all anyone kept saying was how much they respected the way the Caps built their team and showcase Ovechkin and the other younger stars the team has drafted.

It must have been gas.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.