• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Anyone Know Anything About Google Chrome? I Have A Problem I Can't Solve.

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Years ago, I was one of the last converts from IE to Firefox. I loved Firefox, and swore I would never change. Then when I did an update about 4 months ago, half of my add-ons were no longer compatible. Then java, flash, and pretty much everything you need to do anything online all quit working. So I followed the hype to Chrome. I love it. The setup, the feel, I love it. The only problem I have, is when I click on a site with multiple pages, this happens.....

chrome.jpg

The screen looks like that, and takes a second to load. It's as annoying as dialup.

I went on google to find a solution, and everyone said clear your cache and uncheck the box in the advanced settings that says predict network actions to improve page load performance. I did both, and it has changed nothing. It's really irritating, but I don't want to go backwards to firefox or IE. Anyone know how to resolve this? And it isn't just certain sites, it's any site that requires you to click to the next page like humor sites, news sites, anything that doesn't have everything on one page.

I will award 133 internet points (since we're going 13-3 this year) to whoever can solve this, and if you have no premium account here at BGO and can solve this, I will buy you a year of premium. yes, it's a win for you, me and BGO :D

I'm an Opera guy.

I tried, it didn't work. I don't like having a browser that feels like it's trapped in 1995 when it's loading pages, it's frustrating.

Ive used Chrome for years and on multiple devices and b]have never encountered that one before. apologies that I couldnt help! Maybe start from scratch by removing the browser and reloading?

Is this some alternate universe? Extreme not able to solve a problem? Nah...say it ain't so!

Click on "a site with multiple pages?" Isn't that every website? I'm not sure I understand the issue. I've never had anything like that happen either, sorry.

put this in your address bar:
chrome://extensions/

it'll give you a list of add-on's/extensions installed. something might be hosing it up.

the screen you're getting is the default background for chrome. if you're seeing that screen then it means the program has stalled out loading something. extensions would be my first guess, after that it would java/flash player. just have to figure out what is causing it to stall out.

Could you give us examples of these "sites with multiple pages"?

Could you give us examples of these "sites with multiple pages"?

Funny Pictures, Quotes, Pics, Photos, Images. Videos of Really Very Cute animals.

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

craigslist: hampton roads classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

It's any site that requires you to click a next page button at the bottom of the screen. I found a way to remove the problem by adjusting some of the features that are built in with the page rendering, but the tradeoff is now pages won't let me scroll at all until the entire page loads. Equally annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.