• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Any Georgia Tech Grads/Students Here?

Chris

Ring of Fame
BGO Ownership Group
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
My son, a high school junior, is putting together his list of prospective colleges & universities to visit this coming year. He is primarily interested in engineering with an emphasis on either the aerospace, aeronautical, and astronautical, or civil disciplines.

Does anyone here have any first-hand experiences at the Georgia Institute of Technology?

I went there with a group for some presentations. The campus is really nice, and right in the heart of downtown ATL, which is cool. The presentations were from the aerospace students, on rocket designs using their UTE TIES method (the reason we were there), and they all seemed really smart.

Not sure how much help that is, but there ya go!

chris - sorry i overlooked your post. my son is a freshman majoring in aerospace engineering. he liked GA Tech, but had his heart set on U of Colorado at Boulder very early in the selection process.

the best thing that happened for him was landing an internship at NASA Langley this past summer. the program really lit a fire in him. outside of sports, i had never seen him so focused and passionate before -- youngblood must be growing up! if you can find an internship for your son, especially one associated with NASA, i highly recommend it.

besides the obvious outstanding engineering programs all over the country, he was also very interested in Embry-Riddle and Carnegie Mellon. GA Tech was impressive all the way around. good luck to your son!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.