• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

An apology to Kelvin Bryant

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Some of you may not remember Kelvin. He came to the 'skins during the glory years from the USFL along with superstars like Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders. Well, Bryant was supposed to dynamic, fast, explosive and just everything you want from a running back on your team, but he was fragile. I remember his fast decline into a third down back and pretty quick ouster from the team. On the field, he was indeed electric, smooth, and had great hands. The problem was, he kept getting knicked and kept not getting on the field.

I got frustrated with him and thought of him badly. I was a kid and couldn't get it. Today though, I look at Kelvin Bryant with Malcolm Kelly eyes and Kelvin, I owe you an apology. You made plays. You hit the field and scored. You were a part of the team.

Malcolm, you sir, are no Kelvin Bryant. I wanted you to be electric. I envisioned you breaking tackles, moving chains, and making those tough catches, but how can you be that reliable guy down the middle if you can never even make it onto the practice field? Yes, you have wonderful potential, but potential never realized is worth nothing. I hope to be wrong about you, but I don't think I am. There's time and it's not your fault. You can't control your body, but if you don't have the body to survive the rigors of football then you shouldn't be on a football team.

The team gave you a pass last year. A whole year to get yourself together and it looks like you got yourself in great shape and did the right things. It's just that football is not for you. Your body can't handle it. That's not your fault. You tried. The days of paper potential versus on field production need to end.

Thanks for the great college career and for making me realize the difference between a player who gets hurt, but is great on the field and a player who is just always hurt.

Second.

Kelvin Bryant was a player who caught the injury bug. Malcom Kelly IS the injury bug.

Saddest quote of training camp: Malcolm Kelly to Kelli Johnson:
"I’m in a big barrel full of snakes and I just can’t get out."

-via Dan Steinberg

Yeah, I feel for him, but I think we can't wait any more for him. Even if he shakes this off and has a decent preseason he's too big of a risk. He will get hurt. It's not a question of "if" or "when"

Yeah, I feel for him, but I think we can't wait any more for him. Even if he shakes this off and has a decent preseason he's too big of a risk. He will get hurt. It's not a question of "if" or "when"
Maybe best case scenario is that he gets better, kicks ass in a couple of preseason games, and we trade him for a high draft pick.

The Redskins cut him, Bellichick signs him and Malcolm ends up on IR for the balance of the 2011 season. I can just see it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.