All Things MLB

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
I did not see an MLB thread and I know we have a lot of fans!

I'll start it off.

The Royals are in Cleveland today and its currently snowing. Seems to happen every season.

I remember being at Jacobs field in 95 in April, for an afternoon game, it was 34 degrees by the 6th inning, all I recall was it was a quicker game with not many hits, I'm completely assuming but I don't think the hitters wanted any part of that "sting" in the cold. While every team needs home games in between road trips why the colder weather teams often start at home instead of the road never made sense to me. Now the flip side, I've also been at a game in Arlington in the middle of July, pure opposite misery, not enough beer can keep you cooled down.

I think its something unique to these teams up North like this. You don't normally see baseball in the snow.

I say this as a man wearing a hoodie, thick insulated socks, and has a fire going!

I am going to be honest, when I read the thread title I thought we were talking about middle linebackers. :ROFLMAO: All that being said, I am excited about the '21 season. I grew up in a small town that bordered Michigan, so we would go watch the Tigers at old Tiger Stadium every season. Thus, they became the team I had a rooting interest in throughout the years. I am really interested to see if their young nucleus of pitchers - Mize, Skubal, and Manning make some strides this year. I am also curious to see how my country's team, the Blue Jays, fair this year. They have a nice lineup with a core of young guys that are only going to get better this year. I think they have a real chance to make some noise in the AL East and start causing some problems for the traditional powers in that division.

one of the greatest contracts in the history of sports

Chris Davis has 42 million deferred from 2023-2037 - not quite as long as Bonilla's deal but geebies

Seeing a game at the field of dreams stadium was pretty freaking neat. They're talking about doing it again next year.

That's a bucket list for sho

Seeing a game at the field of dreams stadium was pretty freaking neat. They're talking about doing it again next year.

That's a bucket list for sho

Is anyone Watching the WS ?
I just tuned in last night, and havn't following lately, but even though it was a brief role, this pitcher Minter was very impressive and dominating.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.