• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A wonderful Redskins fan gone :(

Docsandy

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Neil Ottinger was a great friend... and a great Redskins fan. I've known him since the early 1980s, when we were on discussion boards on AOL... we were known then as the "Redskins Corner Critters". Newf, as he was so fondly known as (he was from Newfoundland) was "my Newfie" and I was his one and only "Doc". He came to my wedding dressed in a burgundy jacket and Redskins tie (see picture). He traveled to games and the picture below is myself, with him, his brother and my late husband.

Newfie.. you will be missed. It was sudden but according to his brother, peaceful. I knew when the phone rang and I saw who it was... I knew in my gut why his brother was calling. Even though I had no reason to think it. It was just one of those gut feelings.

I just wanted to share with you guys, people I have come to respect, someone who would have really fit in well here if he had had the chance.. but having been in the VA hospital for a while (due to chronic injuries) he did not always have access.
game.jpgwedding.jpg

Sounds like we lost a good one - here's to Newf :cheers:

Thanks ... we did lose a good one. I was in Maryland in February and had plans to see him but snow kept me at the hotel... he was always so positive no matter what. He was a true keeper.

Sorry for your loss, Doc.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

look at it this way...he's now in true "Hogs Heaven"!!!!!

Keep his memory alive!

Thanks again all.. he was definitely a special person in my life. Always a positive outlook no matter what... or so it seemed. But the Redskins were his team through and through. He's being cremated and he will be wearing burgundy and gold. I knew my "family" here on BGO would "get" it when I posted this :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.