• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Skins Offensive Starter Giving Away Prime Seats To Falcons Fans?

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Is it true? And if so, does it even matter?

Twitter is abuzz with this rumor right now.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3957437-got-tickets-to-the-skins-game-from-a-skins-player/

I won't say who the player is, but I will say that he is a starter. Got a parking pass to park in the players parking lot, and was told that it WOULD NOT be a good idea to wear my Falcons jersey in said parking lot before or after the game. Good chance that I will be able to meet some of the Redskins players after the game. So the question is, should we wait until we are seated to put on the jerseys? Or should I "keep it real"? Thoughts?

Probably a long time friend. Not a big deal, IMO.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Probably a long time friend. Not a big deal, IMO.

I tend to feel the same way. Maybe it's his neighbor or something. Some others seem to feel differently.

Total non-story. The friend is a dumbass though - making a lot of noise about it. If I were the player, I'd retract the offer.

Well, if my best friend growing up became a player for another team, I could understand him offering me great seats for a game. Parking in the player's lot might be a little over the top though.

I don't believe it's a big deal, if it is even true. Others cite this as another example of poor home field advantage.

Total non-story. The friend is a dumbass though - making a lot of noise about it. If I were the player, I'd retract the offer.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Someone just couldn't help humble-bragging that they have a friend who's a player.

A total non-story, but it's gotta be Maurice Hurt after some digging I did out of pure and total boredom.

DirtyBirdKert is a guy by the name of Kert Elkins. He currently lives in Savannah, Ga but was born in Wilkinson County, where he attended High School and played defensive tackle for the Wilkinson County Warriors. Since Maurice Hurt played for the Baldwin Braves, they faced each other in competition every year.

Since Maurice is a guard, and Kert Elkins was a DT, they would've lined up nose to nose quite a few times over the years. Maurice is only a few months older than Kert Elkins, so they were playing at the same time as well. Could they have forged a friendship from a rivalry? Who knows, it happens often.

During their time at their respective schools, they tied once against each other, and Maurice's Braves handled Kert's Warriors in the other games.

Now, Kert's father Ken lives in Dublin, Ga. Who else lives in Dublin, Ga? Maurice's father Sparrow. Maurice's father works for a company called Accurate Income Tax 1, on Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. in Dublin. And wouldn't you know it, Kert's father Ken lives directly behind this building. Maybe even gets his taxes done there.

So, since I don't believe in all these being pure coincidence, I'm gonna go out on a limb and insist that it is Maurice Hurt. Almost no way it couldn't be.

Can you tell I like puzzles?

I know that and you know that, but it doesn't mean this kid realizes that. What fun would it be for him to brag to his friends that a backup gave him tickets?

Here's his last update:

Thanks for everyones input. As I said, just wanted some perspective. I won't be donning the jersey in the parking lot, but I will for the game. Probably a good chance that we will be sitting near Redskins players families, so I'll try to keep a low profile.

As for meeting the Skins players, I'll post an update thread when I get back home and let you guys know how it all played out.

Extreme, why don't you join that board if you have time, and just repost exactly what you said about his identity.

He would lose it. :laugh:

Extreme, why don't you join that board if you have time, and just repost exactly what you said about his identity.

He would lose it. :laugh:
I emailed the guy. Here is his response.....

Who are you? I'm not saying anything out of respect. I almost regret the thread.

:laugh:

Here is his response.....

Who are you? I'm not saying anything out of respect. I almost regret the thread.

"Out of respect" ?

Respect would have been not posting his thread, at all.

"Almost" regrets the thread ?

Wow. I guess it would take his "friend" finding out, for him to "fully regret" such a boneheaded move.

It's amazing what you can find when you google yourself/your alias periodically. I'm not one to usually resurrect threads from the dead, but, since there is the possibility that the Redskins and the Falcons meet in 2 weeks, I see no harm in violating forum etiquette and bringing this one back.

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kert, and I am the same DirtyBirdKert from the thread that the OP linked. I have to say that I didn't expect that thread to make it to a skins forum. As for my intentions of making the post, I was more or less asking for advice on whether or not I should wear the jersey around the other Skins players. I will admit, however, that the delivery was not the best.

The feeling is hard to describe over a message board, but, the best way I can put it is; Imagine that your little brothers girlfriend is coming by the house, and he's being a little pansy and telling you what to/not to wear/say around her. That's the feeling I got when my friend told me that I shouldn't wear my jersey in the players lot. I have known this guy for a long time. Bad analogy, I know, but its the best that I can come up with this late.

All of that being said, you probably missed my follow up post. You can see it here: http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3958185-just-got-back-from-washington-dc/

We really had a great time at the game. I never imagined that a single player could energize a fan base as much as RGIII has to yalls. I was very impressed. All of the Redskins fans that I sat with were great, and very knowledgeable about the game and the franchise. It was by far the best away game that I have ever been to (weather not withstanding).

I really am rooting for you guys this weekend, not just because I have a friend on the team, but because I truly believe that you guys have a good thing going for you, and your fans deserve it.

All of that being said, I do want to directly address a few falsehoods, and flat out lies in this thread.

First:

I emailed the guy. Here is his response.....

:laugh:

This is a lie. I never received or responded to a message about the original thread, on our forums.

Second:

A total non-story, but it's gotta be Maurice Hurt after some digging I did out of pure and total boredom.

DirtyBirdKert is a guy by the name of Kert Elkins. He currently lives in Savannah, Ga but was born in Wilkinson County, where he attended High School and played defensive tackle for the Wilkinson County Warriors. Since Maurice Hurt played for the Baldwin Braves, they faced each other in competition every year.

Since Maurice is a guard, and Kert Elkins was a DT, they would've lined up nose to nose quite a few times over the years. Maurice is only a few months older than Kert Elkins, so they were playing at the same time as well. Could they have forged a friendship from a rivalry? Who knows, it happens often.

During their time at their respective schools, they tied once against each other, and Maurice's Braves handled Kert's Warriors in the other games.

Now, Kert's father Ken lives in Dublin, Ga. Who else lives in Dublin, Ga? Maurice's father Sparrow. Maurice's father works for a company called Accurate Income Tax 1, on Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. in Dublin. And wouldn't you know it, Kert's father Ken lives directly behind this building. Maybe even gets his taxes done there.

So, since I don't believe in all these being pure coincidence, I'm gonna go out on a limb and insist that it is Maurice Hurt. Almost no way it couldn't be.

Can you tell I like puzzles?

I don't know how much time you spend putting this 'puzzle' together, but you are wrong again my friend, not even in the ballpark. I was definitely not born in 'Wilkinson County', never even heard of it until I looked it up. My father's name is definitely not Ken, and he does not live in Dublin. Finally, Maurice Hurt is definitely not my friend. I could tell you my life story, but this thread is already running long, and I wouldn't want to bore you with it anyways.

Again, I would like to close in saying that I am rooting for your guys this weekend, and every game that you are not playing the Falcons. I would also like to thank Boone for promptly responding to my PM and allowing me to respond to this thread. Good luck this weekend guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.