• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A name I havn't heard mentioned this preseason

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
A name I havn't heard mentioned this preseason (add additional names if you like)

Granted I havn't watched an entire preseason game yet, but not only have I not heard this guy's name mentioned during a game, but havn't read a mention of him in any redskin articles, nor on the board. And I'm curious about him, since we have such a weak secondary. But what's the status of Jordan Bernstine ?

Has he been as non-existent on the practice field and the game field, as the news media (or lack of media attention) would have us believe ?
I seem to remember him being drafted as a corner in the same round as Crawford, and I've seen a lot of mentions of Crawford, but none of Bernstine.
The only mention I've seen is that they would use him as a safety and not as a corner.

So how is he doing ?
I mean, how is he doing, football-wise, not in his personal life ? ;)

Last edited:
He's not been mentioned much, that's for sure. He's had 5 tackles in the preseason, 3 in the Buffalo game and only 1 each in the last two preseason games.

I checked the Colts game box sore and see him credited with a tackle but I apparently missed seeing him come in the game-the same 1 tackle performance is listed in the Bear's game box score as well as 2 tackles and 2 assisted tackles against Buffalo.

Maybe he's the "invisible man" I don't know.

How about Willie Smith?

He had an injury that has limited his time. I still think he did enough last year to keep him around for depth since Compton has not impressed enough to displace him.

I don't agree. With the fluidity on the OL with Kory and Chris being nicked, I think Smith will go on IR.

I don't agree. With the fluidity on the OL with Kory and Chris being nicked, I think Smith will go on IR.

Who else is going to play Tackle? Hurt played there before Licht went down, but needs to stay ready at the G position. Compton is just too inexperienced at this stage and Brown is done. Then you have LeRiebus and Gettis as the other backup OL spots...both C/G positions.

I don't think Smith's injury was serious enough to warrant IR, especially if Hurt, who is a natural G, is the only backup T on the team.

I think you are looking at Polumbus as the starting RT and Jordan Black as the swing tackle between LT and RT.

I think you are looking at Polumbus as the starting RT and Jordan Black as the swing tackle between LT and RT.

And I don't disagree that is an option, I have Polumbus as the opening day starter but remember what you said about youth/vet and rebuilding...

Edit: After looking a little further into Smith's injury I could only find this:
http://www.kffl.com/player/24671/nfl/willie-smith

Looks like you may be right BT...

Last edited:
Compton has actually done well in the preseason. He had one bad moment in the Bears game, but has been a steady presence with the second stringers. My guess is that he makes the roster or is on the practice squad.

I agree. I also think Smith has enough upside as with Minnifield that he will be kept on IR for the season, but since he has had such little time on the field I don't see him on the regular 53 man roster.

It is also possible that one or two spots may go to players that are cut by other teams and are brought in for depth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.