• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Logical, Reasoned Criticism of Donovan McNabb

Nope, that is why I wrote 'not going to happen.' I am not even sure if we try to keep him.
He has been playing better of late and given the needs on other parts of the team, we would be wise to keep him in my opinion.

He has been playing better of late and given the needs on other parts of the team, we would be wise to keep him in my opinion.

exactly, we cant just cut everyone, we need to amke sure we have at least a competant replacement first. as much as id like to cut almost everyone, it will all depend on who we can sign.

You don't trade a 2 and a 4 for a mentor. Ever.

I don't want him teaching a young QB anything. He's been a very good QB over his time. I don't believe he's a hall of famer and I don't believe he's going to help in DC.

I agree we shouldn't have traded picks for a mentor. I don't think that was their original intention. If we keep him though, i could see us asking him to mentor the QB of the future.

Hell, it's either that or Rex. Not sure i want either ,but I am pretty damned sure I don't want Rex.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I agree with that Ryman, but it really depends on how much money he demands. Hearing him talk prior to the season, he sounds like a guy that believes he should make big money. He has not played like a guy that deserves big money. In fact, if I signed him, I would make sure the contract was made so that he can be cut easily.

If he is re-signed, then he should be battling for his job.

When we acquired McNabb, I thought we got a leader. But, like Boone said, there is no pep in his step, no sense of urgency. I never believed that he had more physical attributes than Campbell, but I thought his leadership would go above and beyond everything else.

At this point, I think he is one and done. I think I said this in another thread, but here it is again; if we had a line that could pass block, I think we may have seen Sexy Rexy already. McNabb is not accurate at all and it has to drive Shanny and son mad.

Having a QB that can hit a quick slant would go far with the problems we are having on the o-line.

you know...McNabb's dependable inconsistency in the short game drives me nuts...and I never have been sure whether he is making good decisions (this seems to be the core of his conflict with KShan)..but...that said....how can anyone perform with this completely unreliable pass protection? I give McNugget a pass for that. It's hard for any QB to perform well throughout a season when the blocking is so inconsistent.

I agree with that Ryman, but it really depends on how much money he demands. Hearing him talk prior to the season, he sounds like a guy that believes he should make big money. He has not played like a guy that deserves big money. In fact, if I signed him, I would make sure the contract was made so that he can be cut easily.

If he is re-signed, then he should be battling for his job.

Completely agree, sign him to a contract somewhat like mcnabbs, if he earns the big money he gets it otherwise he is cuttable with no repercussions. if he plays like he deserves big money then im all for it, I agree he hasnt done it yet and needs competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.