• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Falcon's fans perspective on the Skins WC game and offseason

DirtyBirdKert

Camp Fodder
Reaction score
Rival Allegiance
Falcons
So after our gut-wrenching win, I figured that would share my thoughts with you guys on last weeks game and the Skins off season. So, without further adieu:

- Montgomery's botched snaps aside, offensive line played very well in run blocking and bootleg protection. Lichtensteiger seemed to struggle a little holding the pocket together, especially after RGIII's knee started bothering him in the 2nd quarter. His ankle was hurting and it showed.

- It goes without saying, and I know it has been beat to death, but I have to point it out: Griffin should have been pulled in the 2nd quarter. Poise in the pocket wasn't the same after that scramble in the 1st. I think that was the play that was his undoing

- On the Defense: your backs are really missing Orakpo. The defense would have been much different with him in there, but lets not dwell on that. The backers kept letting Wilson get up field and got frustrated quickly. Watching Hall play gave me flashbacks of when he played for us. He can make big plays and give up big ones, (see the 30 yd pass to Baldwin at the end of the 2nd) AND the CRUCIAL holding penalty in the 3rd on 3rd and 3.

All of that said, as many of you know, a good friend of mine plays for the Redskins. He took a vacation last week, but I spoke to him this morning. He was surprisingly very optimistic about this off season. He said that it was by far the best team he has played with in his career and knows that next year is going to bring even more wins.

Your teams future is bright Redskins fans. Here's to a Falcon superbowl vicotry this year, and a Redskins - Falcons NFC championship next year!

I like you Kert.

You pulled one out today. Best of luck to the Falcons going forward.

Here's to a Falcon superbowl vicotry this year
Naw, you guys already gave Vick a try. Ryan is much better. ;)

I am definitely pulling for Atlanta to win the whole enchilada. Though I believe they have the slimmest chance of the remaining 4.

Good luck Atlanta!!!

Nice post. I was about to feel really bad for Falcons fans...I could not BELIEVE they were going to do it to you again! But then the offense manned up and got the field goal. We've been on that roller-coaster before...up so high only to come crashing down, then unbelievable elation. Happy for ya! I'm rooting for the Ravens from here on out, but I'll root for Atlanta elsewhise. :)

Lanky, how can you root for a stolen team, acquired on the black market, by a state that allowed their own championship team to leave town, from the lying, incompetent Art "The Maggot" Modell, with it's team leader being an accessory to, if not the actual perpetrator of, a double homicide, and who's fan base is only slightly more intelligent than a Cowboy fan, which still rates them below a brick, is quite surprising.

Well, I was rooting for the Texans, but they forget how to play offense in the postseason. Blargh.

I'm rooting for the Falcons simply because the 49ers and Pats have won enough superbowls already and I hate the Ravens.

I'm rooting for the Falcons simply because the 49ers and Pats have won enough superbowls already and I hate the Ravens.

This! Although my hate is more for the Harbaugh running the Ravens then the Ravens themselves (although not a fan of the dancing and "look-at-me" crap that goes on in Baltimore).

And if the Falcons win it, it doesn't put either the Pats or the 49ers any further ahead of my beloved Skins in the Trophy count. :)

See? Neo gets it.

You can always ... ALWAYS ... find a way make any game about the Redskins. :)

Lanky, how can you root for a stolen team, acquired on the black market, by a state that allowed their own championship team to leave town, from the lying, incompetent Art "The Maggot" Modell, with it's team leader being an accessory to, if not the actual perpetrator of, a double homicide, and who's fan base is only slightly more intelligent than a Cowboy fan, which still rates them below a brick, is quite surprising.
I second this. I can't believe I'm going to actually be forced to root for them though. Having Brady and Bellicheat get to another Super Bowl would make me :puke: so I really don't have much of a choice.

Mike Nolan's bend and finally break defense was painful to watch since I was wanting the Falcons to win.

Also, their offensive coordinator simply couldn't break out of running on first down. Only Ryan's arm kept the Falcons competitive.

The Falcons were playing scared with the lead...I hate seeing that in football.
While I cannot neglect Ryan's 2 mistakes, I strongly believe the coaching cost them another shot at advancing in the playoffs.

Mike Nolan's bend and finally break defense was painful to watch since I was wanting the Falcons to win.

Also, their offensive coordinator simply couldn't break out of running on first down. Only Ryan's arm kept the Falcons competitive.

The Falcons were playing scared with the lead...I hate seeing that in football.

Mike Nolan was certainly ****-faced last Sunday. There were no allignment disguises to confuse Kap at all. It was almost like ATL wanted to suddently panic the first moment they saw the Option. Now, give Kapernick alot of credit the young man certainly played his ass off, but you can not tell me ATL had no answers for them without it appearing like pathetic coaching.

Congrats to the 40 Whiners who will play the Ray Ray's and I'm hoping that Kapernick becomes the first ever rookie to win the Bowl... **** the Ray's Ray's, Stonehands and the Huffbaughs.

Kap is not a rookie. But I'd much prefer the 9ers to win.

Unfortunately, the Turdbirds will.

The Ravens' experience against the vastly superior Robert Griffin III will help prepare them for the wannabe option-QB Crapernick. It will be like playing RGIII in slow motion. :)

The only thing worse than the Turdbirds winning the SB, would be if it were the Cowboys.

This matchup is making me nauseated. I might actually just skip it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.