• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Era of Redskins Football Comes to a End

If the Era of Bob (raises the philosophical question of just how long the required length of time for something to be deemed an "Era" has to be, and who determines it) is really and truly over, it won't be the unique personality of the young man I'll remember, or everything that happened after the Seattle playoff game.

It'll be this:

It was a helluva ride.

Heads up on the audio in that vid---NSFW.

Very sad the way it all went down.

I hope he doesn't end up in our division.

Idk, I kinda hope he does. I would like to see him go to Dallas.

great video, om. i never understand the music with these highlight clips. its like someone just found the most random shit and posted it with it. "my whole fam they do drugs" really? Somebody thought THAT fit with Griffin?

he was a hell of a player to watch...and you just knew that if we had the ball at the end of the game and could win it, we would. or it would be damn close. but he gave it all every. single. game.

He gave us the electrifying 2012 season. A season that I'll be honest, reignited my passion for Football and the Redskins. I'd been an avid die hard fan since the 80's, but I was getting kinda resigned to the fact that we might never get back to the Glory years.

That one year was probably the most exciting season of football I ever watched as a Redskin fan. And I include the Superbowl runs of the past.

Because there was this feeling that we were catching lightning in a bottle. There was a hope that we had this one truly electrifying player that scared the League to death. But even then it kinda felt like playing with fire a bit. There was a feeling deep down that it may not last, so I savoured it all the more.

2013 and 2014 were painful to watch, but I really hoped that RGIII would be back. After the gift he'd given me in 2012 I just wanted to see the kid succeed.

I still do.

Yeah he sometimes said or did the wrong things, but didn't we when we were young too. And we weren't in the spotlight having our every move scrutinized and our every statement taken apart and twisted as an out of context soundbite. He was a kid and kids make mistakes from time to time.

I wish him all the best wherever he ends up. Even Dallas.

It's a tough thing.

One the one hand, you'd like the organization to ultimately be proven right in running him out of town. If he fails to return to being even a decent QB for the rest of his career, then the organization is off the hook.

However, if he becomes someone else's franchise, or SB winning QB's, it will be an historically monumental failure for the franchise. Worse than all the Haynesworth's & Archeletta's combined.

I'll root for the kid forever. Unless he's playing against us.

I'm also blindly hoping something will happen for him to remain with the team.

It's a tough thing.

One the one hand, you'd like the organization to ultimately be proven right in running him out of town. If he fails to return to being even a decent QB for the rest of his career, then the organization is off the hook.

However, if he becomes someone else's franchise, or SB winning QB's, it will be an historically monumental failure for the franchise. Worse than all the Haynesworth's & Archeletta's combined.

I'll root for the kid forever. Unless he's playing against us.

I'm also blindly hoping something will happen for him to remain with the team.
Well, if nothing else it would provide fodder to keep this place humming forever. :argue:

The way it's been handled has been the biggest reason the fan base is so divided over it. It couldn't have happened any other way under the circumstances.

And, not to worry. There will always be fodder.

Only members come and go.

And leaves a parting note that says to me he still doesn't take ownership of his part. Basically again placing the blame in other places. Much of which is deserved, but I fail to see him being very humble at any time through all of this. He should have left quietly and let his play on the field in the future say all he needs to say. He was so much fun to watch, and it would have been so cool to have him succeed here. But life doesn't work out like you plan most of the time. I hope he goes to Dallas. I think it would do wonders for the Rivalry, which is quiet frankly only really active in some of our minds. Cowboys fans don't regard it with much anymore.

except it was others who buried him on the bench and left him without a team instead of allowing him to get released and at least try out.

he never said a word all season...not one word. he knew Snyder kept him on the roster and that Gruden was going to keep him inactive. Yet he said nothing. If all he did was leave an inspirational message to others to not allow other people to make them act like jerks, I'm cool with that.

In my opinion, the best thing that came out of this entire RG3 situation was...

This was the final knockout blow for Dan Snyder meddling with the nuts and bolts of the team, leading to the hiring of Scot Mccloughan.
I still can't stand Haloti Ngata to this day, but that hit on RG3 also helped expedite this entire process.

Welp, I hope everything works out for the Redskins.

I'm done talking about this.

As much as I hate to admit it, that note left in his locker strikes me as a little smarmy. It's this whole "me against the world, but I'ma show them" thing that really makes no sense because the red carpet was rolled out for him in 2012.

He was a model citizen all season long, so there's just something about this that's just... I don't know.

Nick

I read somewhere that the note has been on his locker all season.

I'm reading it as well. People are saying the fact that it is older looking, looks like it was taped up before, taken down, and then put back up shows that most likely it was.

Wait...did RG3 declare himself the starter before the season? Did he decide to play in a game without an o-line in preseason in an attempt to get himself killed? Did he make the decision to stay in that game to take on the beating of his life?

Hey, it took two to tango...Gruden didn't want him on the team, and it ended up that way.

Let's move on from RG3...He's no longer a Redskin, but let's not give him the shaft on the way out.

The RG situation is far bigger than his and Grudens interaction. But you are right. He's gone and we've moved on. We should remember his Rookie campaign in fondness and root for his ultimate success. I don't generally care about a players career after they leave here, but in his case, there was enough wrong done to him here that it would be nice to see him vindicated on the field.

Ah yes, the infamous note I heard so much about today. Travelling back, I was listening to a few different XM radio stations and I heard this. As the day wore on, the reports came out that it was in his locker all season and wasn't something he left today. Someone else said it was something the whole team was given. I don't know if that is true or not.

It seems like this note just allows people to confirm their opinions about Griffin. Just doing a google search on the note, I see headlines that state these things about the note:

Parting Note
Inspirational Note
Bizarre Note
Forgive them Note
Farewell Note

Whatever people want to believe about Griffin, this note is their latest chance to say it. I did hear some people say this was a slap in the face to his teammates, but Keenan Robinson said this showed how much class Griffin has had all year.

https://twitter.com/KeenanRobinson1/status/686613492305137669

And leaves a parting note that says to me he still doesn't take ownership of his part. Basically again placing the blame in other places. Much of which is deserved, but I fail to see him being very humble at any time through all of this. He should have left quietly and let his play on the field in the future say all he needs to say. He was so much fun to watch, and it would have been so cool to have him succeed here. But life doesn't work out like you plan most of the time. I hope he goes to Dallas. I think it would do wonders for the Rivalry, which is quiet frankly only really active in some of our minds. Cowboys fans don't regard it with much anymore.

I thought I was the only one who thought the note was a bit self-aggrandizing.

Guys this will be my final post on this website. I will always be a fan of Robert Griffin for what he did for Baylor University. I have been deeply troubled by what has transpired during his years with the Redskins. As in most cases like this, I am sure that the blame goes both ways. I can say this, I am certain that Robert Griffin gave it his all that first year he played for the Redskins. From what I have observed this year he has tried to make the best of a bad situation. Hopefully, he will find success somewhere else. For me, it has been enjoyable interacting with you guys over the past few years. Take care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.