• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A Close-Up Introduction To Jay Gruden For Redskins Fans

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Hi everyone, and congratulations! Congratulations are well-deserved. Why? Our 15 years of mostly brutal pain are over! Take a deep breath and relax......and another. We picked the right coach. You are going to love this guy, and all of the success we are about to enjoy.

I thought some people here might like to know the real truth about Gruden--stuff you haven't read on twitter. Honestly, none of the DC sports writers know anything about him. If you have any questions, please ask away.

I've watched Jay Gruden for 15 years.....

1. There is one word to describe Jay Gruden. Winner. Winning is what Jay Gruden does. He wins immediately and consistently everywhere he goes. In 31 years as a player, assistant coach or head coach, he has had only three losing records. 28-3. And those three losing seasons? All as an assistant under his brother.

2. As a Head Coach, not only has he won, but I don't believe he's ever missed the playoffs before. His teams win. Always. And quickly. He won the Arena Bowl Championship in his very first season.

3. Players love him. As his record shows, his players give him everything they have. He motivates like few can. He's intense. He's serious. And he kicks ass.

4. The media loves him. It's impossible to snipe at Jay Gruden. He has an incredible record and a great personality. He's funny as heck, and that will go a long way in DC. The media will have a very hard time trying to find anything negative.

5. He loves the fans. He's not an asshole. He's down to earth. He used to stay on the field, with his players, after Predator games to sign autographs. Hundreds of them.

I'll add a few other individual ones to keep this OP short...

6. No more round-peg-in-square-hole nonsense. He actually asks all of the players and coaches what they like to do. Imagine that! A coach who doesn't pretend to know everything. A coach who values input. This keeps everyone engaged. The players actually feel like they have a voice. All of them.

7. No favorites! The third string RB will feel as important as the QB. He knows that he needs the best out of everyone to win consistently as he has his entire career.

Thank God the St. Bernard found you McD5!

We thought you to be lost!

I guess "giddy" is not a strong enough word to describe your excitement over the hire?

:cool4: just givng ya a hard time.

Looking forward to see what Jay can offer.

8. WTF! moments are gone. He's great at clock management. He's not a risk to call two timeouts in a row. He doesn't half-ass anything.

9. He was a very successful QB. He knows the importance of linemen. HE LOVES LINEMEN. He knows the value of a RB who can catch. He knows the value of RBs that can block.

I believe McD will carry this to 100 posts with no other user help. :)

10. Expect better drafts. Real drafts. Not the bs we've seen for the majority of 20 years. NO Josh Leribeus. No Devin Thomas bs. No Malcolm Kelly. Not every player will work out, but expect 3-5 very good players every draft. He knows talent.

I believe McD will carry this to 100 posts with no other user help. :)

Just let him go man.... for some reason, seeing McD5 go off on Gruden...I just want to have this song in the background while he's doing it...

11. There is no other coach who wants to win more, or who will work harder than Jay Gruden. And his drive is contagious. We are no longer a joke. Jay Gruden wins.

Why do I get the feeling I need to hold onto my wallet? ;)

Why do I get the feeling I need to hold onto my wallet? ;)

Because we've had some of the stupidest people in the league making decisions in Ashburn, and we're wounded.

Now we're going to get healed.

11. There is no other coach who wants to win more, or who will work harder than Jay Gruden. And his drive is contagious. We are no longer a joke. Jay Gruden wins.

i liked all the others but could do without this one. heard it every time there's change. ;)

We need Gruden photoshopped up into Buddy Christ!!!!

12. His wife is also pretty hot. He won there too.

McD, have you ever thought of doing infomercials? Billy Mays' tombstone would turn moldy green with envy. :tongue2:

He's turning it around already:

Jay Gruden just spend about 10 minutes in the media room with us. Not sure if Shanahan ever set foot in here.

--Tandler

And Tandler again. What did you think of him?

Very sharp but laid back. Not the “smartest guy in the room” feeling we got from the last guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.