• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A bold Cowboys trade for RGIII would save their season, his career...

If/when the Phoenix (Griffin) rises from the ashes, I want it to be wearing the Burgundy & Gold.
While I respect the sentiment, it's akin to hoping for Gibbs III.

It isn't going to happen.

Yeah that ship has sailed. Especially when you consider we now are the proud owners of the #1 rushing attack in the league and the Defense is #1 ranked. Those two stats are no fluke. No fluke stats, to get those, you have to earn them.

Jay has proclaimed this to be our blueprint. I wished he hadn't said that, as the defenses can gameplan for it. Better to keep the cards close to the vest for now. Kirk is the game manager, the bus driver. I'm ok with all that. Run the ball, move the chains, run the clock. Milk the lead in the second half.

I'm hoping to see the Giant curse broken on night game in their house. That is a statement game. Hope Gruden tells the boys not to look at the press clippings, we have a lot of work still to do.

Short of two broken arms (and soon) Griffin will never throw another pass in B&G. If you can't see that, you aren't paying attention. And I am soooo tired of the whistling past the graveyard. We'll either win or we won't. None of the superstitious BS or harping back to ghosts of Redskins past will have a damned thing to do with it.

We're either an aggressive, improving, more talented, opportunistic squad, or we aren't. That's what will determine our record and whether or not we win in a given week, not the 'mystique' of Eli or any other bullshit paranoid Redskins fan 'factor'.

Last edited:
I would trade Griffin right now. He is a distraction just waiting to happen. Any adverse results on the field with the qb will bring him back into the spotlight and the team will never be over him once and for all.

If the team can pull a #4 or #5 pick for him I would deal him.

I would trade Griffin right now. He is a distraction just waiting to happen. Any adverse results on the field with the qb will bring him back into the spotlight and the team will never be over him once and for all.

The Cowboys just traded for Cassel today. I don't see why any team in the league would offer anything for him right now. He'd have to sit on their bench and develop for at least the rest of the season. It's not like he could play anywhere next week--and he'd need to learn a whole new offense too.

If anyone could do it...it's Scot

The Cowboys just traded for Cassel today. I don't see why any team in the league would offer anything for him right now. He'd have to sit on their bench and develop for at least the rest of the season. It's not like he could play anywhere next week--and he'd need to learn a whole new offense too.

There's always some GM who thinks he's 'smarter than everyone else' - we've seen that over and over again. But yeah, your main point, that ANY QB picked up now would have to learn a completely different offensive scheme is a pretty relevant one.

There's always some GM who thinks he's 'smarter than everyone else' - we've seen that over and over again. But yeah, your main point, that ANY QB picked up now would have to learn a completely different offensive scheme is a pretty relevant one.

Well there's that, plus the option next year, plus the draft pick a team would have to surrender. It's possible if a team suffers multiple injuries, but I would think other teams would probably prefer to wait and see if he's released at the end of the season.

On another note, I'd like to hear some opinions on this:

Did we just cut Amerson yesterday, or do you believe that Scot or someone got on the phone with each of the 31 other teams first and tried to get a sixth or seventh for him in trade?

I would guess and hope that we tried to deal him first but I have no idea.

Did we just cut Amerson yesterday, or do you believe that Scot or someone got on the phone with each of the 31 other teams first and tried to get a sixth or seventh for him in trade?

I would guess and hope that we tried to deal him first but I have no idea.

Make a call or so? Maybe to the Colts or somebody similar but considering our well known backend problems I suspect that most would sniff out waiver wire material so futility may have been predetermined resulting in minimum effort.

That GM would be Chip Kelly and his system would likely be the easiest transition. But Chip, being that much smarter than everyone else, is unlikely to give up on Bradford this early.

I think it's more realistic to ask for a free carwash with fill up coupon. I'd deal him for that without even thinking about it because that's the ceiling on what we can expect in return for him. The good news is we'd come out ahead in that deal.

Last year, due to injury, we needed all 3 QB's. With a young, albeit promising, offensive line, it could certainly happen again. I think it wise to retain all 3, for the whole season.

Kirk may well hold the job. That's great. Robert has been no distraction so far. Only to those who imagine it so. As long as the men inside the building can hack it, I don't give a rats ass what any media, or fan, thinks about it. For those worried about Kirk looking over his shoulder, don't. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle it, as Robert had to, then they might as well cut Kirk too.

I don't know the plan for Robert. But I see nothing wrong with keeping him on the roster, for now. Enclose him in a glass case that says "Break Open In Case of Emergency", like they have, and see what happens.

Living long enough teaches many things.

Never say never, is one of them.

Funny, if Griffin departs at the end of the year I expected Jones to try and sign him anyway.

Romo is 35 and their backup is 32.

Why not try and get something for him now?

The Redskins made a mistake in vesting that option because it is a major impediment to making a trade.

But Jones is another riverboat gambler like Snyder.

Jones signed Ryan Leaf, he also signed Drew Henson.

He can't stay away from former top prospects.

there is an interesting angle on this. so the unspoken but accepted truth by many is that grudung decided very early on that griffin didn't fit his offense and that he wasn't going to adjust as...say...the Shanahans did in 2012. fast forward. the deal was struck. the immediate thought is Snyder drove it. I'm thinkin there is more to the story here. decision-makers may have bias, but decisions are made on the basis of some set of criteria and they can involve (as in this case - or so we are told over and over) multiple stakeholders. what was grudung's role in all of this and was it an honorable one or was itself driven by agenda that influenced his actions? would be really interesting to learn the inner workings one day.

character matters - at all stations in the power structure.

Agree with Ax. :)

I do think last year didn't do any of our QB's any favours with the merry-go-round in the QB spot due to one reason or another.

I like Kirk in the drivers seat. I think he should stay there and I think he's now truly believing he doesn't have to look over his shoulder. I think that'll only give him confidence.
McCoy is a competent back up. Don't think he'll be a star here though.

RGIII... I know, I know it's wrong but I still can't forget 2012. I do think RGIII is now damaged goods, but I still believe he has potential upside, just needs unlocking somehow. I'd rather us keep him in the same box that Ax proposes and see what happens. I think a year on the bench might be the best thing for him and I can't see us getting anything for him unless a team has a major disaster.

On a tangent.... Interesting to see Andrew Luck play behind an awful O-Line at the moment...

I think it's more realistic to ask for a free carwash with fill up coupon. I'd deal him for that without even thinking about it because that's the ceiling on what we can expect in return for him. The good news is we'd come out ahead in that deal.

Wow Yusuf! What's the big rush?

Are we talking about the regular stuff or high octane?

I think we should offer him up to New Orleans..... They might actually be quietly looking for the next franchise QB. Let him ride the pine behind Drew for the rest of the season, and then see if he's his replacement next season, or the season after that. It's not like there aren't any very good QB's that carried a clipboard for a few seasons.

Nice post Henry. I can think of a few teams that might be interested. But really, there are hurdles that need to be overcome.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Brees and Romo are guaranteed roughly $20 million a piece next season.

Step 1: Will RG3 even give up his $16 million option against injury? Would you? How do you think his wife feels about it? His kids? How about his father or agent? Did everyone just take note of what happened to Spaight on his very first concussion?

Step 2. The draft pick. What are they willing to give up?

Step 3: If they sign him, who gets cut? Or can they immediately put him on IR for the season? Will the NFL allow that?

Step 4: With his tendency to get injured, can you really build your team around him for the next 4 years?

RG gives up the 16 next year or he sits. No one is gonna pay that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.