• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

40 years ago, 20 July 1969.........

I do remember.

I was living in Bremerhaven, Germany at the time. I was proud to be an American.

Still am. :)

Bremerhaven

One of my best Air Force stories involves that place:)

Hmm. I don't remember the Air Force being there. We were on an Army base, although we were Navy. Actually, we lived in military housing off-base - apartments.

That's one of my earliest and most powerful childhood memories. What seemed like the whole neighborhood gathered at a neighbor's, with a party atmosphere, first grilling out and then huddling around the television set. I remember the fuzzy black and white shots of the lunar surface flying past the camera at impossible speeds, and all of the incredible landmark seconds that followed. Maybe the most groundbreaking and powerful minutes that will ever be captured on TV.

I too remember this as one of my "most powerful childhood memories."

I was 9 years old at the time.

My parent's bought our very first color TV (RCA) and a new motorized rotating TV antenna put on the roof just before the launch so we could watch this historical event in color.

I remember we were all glued to the TV, but the biggest surprise was my Dad since he didn't watch much TV back then.

That's one of my earliest and most powerful childhood memories. What seemed like the whole neighborhood gathered at a neighbor's, with a party atmosphere, first grilling out and then huddling around the television set. I remember the fuzzy black and white shots of the lunar surface flying past the camera at impossible speeds, and all of the incredible landmark seconds that followed. Maybe the most groundbreaking and powerful minutes that will ever be captured on TV.

agree. I can just trace at the jagged edges of my memory gathering in school hallways to watch the Shepherd and Glen flights. the lunar landing was a day to set the imagination soaring........nothing like it since....the whole world was tuned in.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.