• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

3D Printing.....How Cool Is This?

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Has anyone seen this yet? It seems to be all the rage right now, with speculators sending stocks in the sector straight up.

Pretty amazing video and technology:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aghzpO_UZE[/media]

Seen a bunch of stuff on it at this point. Should change some product manufacturing in the near future.

And then there's this...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuDCW_Rn5JI&list=UUsKjElNP5r8fXVYdGxuGo6Q&index=8[/media]

When a company I worked for invested in $200k CNC router to automate some of the things we were making by hand it blew my mind how many things we could do with it. We were doing some 3d stuff with it 7 yrs ago by creating several layers and stacking them. We would talk all the time about when we could just buy a big block of material and make whatever we wanted. Glad to see its become a reality!

Too bad the Chinese are still going to make stuff cheaper. :(

I'd read about 3D printing a few years ago. Amazing stuff.

Being able to 'fax' an object somewhere else ... really is as close to a teleporter as we may likely ever see.

All I know is I bought DDD at $17 a share, and now its around $65.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.