• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2nd Annual BGO "Crystal Ball" NFL Prediction Pool - WINNER OM!

I’d be okay if we let Dixie join in. Not like anything has changed because if week 1.

Thanks all!

AFC PREDICTED PLAYOFF TEAMS: (2 points each)

a. Bills
b. Ravens
c. Colts
d. Chiefs
e. Chargers
f. Dolphins
g. Broncos

AFC DIVISION WINNERS/WILD CARD TEAM PREDICTIONS: (3 points each)

AFC East Division Winner: Bills
AFC North Division Winner: Ravens
AFC South Division Winner: Colts
AFC West Division Winner: Chiefs
AFC Wild Card Team: Chargers
AFC Wild Card Team: Dolphins
AFC Wild Card Team: Broncos

AFC PREDICTED PLAYOFF SEEDINGS: (4 points each)

#1 Seed (1st Round Bye): Bills
#2 Seed (division winner): Chiefs
#3 Seed (division winner): Ravens
#4 Seed (division winner): Colts
#5 Seed (wild card team): Chargers
#6 Seed (wild card team): Dolphins
#7 Seed (wild card team): Broncos

AFC PREDICTED PLAYOFF MATCHUPS AND WINNERS:

AFC Super Wild Card Weekend: (5 points for each correctly predicted winner)

#2 - Chiefs
VS.
#7 - Broncos
PREDICTED WINNER: Chiefs

#3 - Ravens
VS.
#6 - Dolphins
PREDICTED WINNER: Ravens

#4 - Colts
VS.
#5 - Chargers
PREDICTED WINNER: Chargers

AFC Divisional Playoff Round: (6 points for each correctly predicted winner)

#1 - Bills
VS.
Your Lowest Remaining AFC Seed: Chargers
PREDICTED WINNER: Bills

2nd Highest Remaining AFC Seed: Chiefs
VS.
3rd Highest Remaining AFC Seed: Ravens
PREDICTED WINNER: Ravens

AFC Conference Championship: (7 points for correctly predicted winner)

Team A: Bills
VS.
Team B: Ravens
PREDICTED AFC CONFERENCE CHAMPION: Bills

NFC PREDICTED PLAYOFF TEAMS: (2 points each)

a. Eagles
b. Vikings
c. Bucs
d. Rams
e. Saints
f. Packers
g. Commanders

NFC DIVISION WINNERS/WILD CARD TEAM PREDICTIONS: (3 points each)

NFC East Division Winner: Eagles
NFC North Division Winner: Vikings
NFC South Division Winner: Bucs
NFC West Division Winner: Rams
NFC Wild Card Team: Saints
NFC Wild Card Team: Packers
NFC Wild Card Team: Commanders

NFC PREDICTED PLAYOFF SEEDINGS: (4 points each)

#1 Seed (1st Round Bye): Bucs
#2 Seed (division winner): Vikings
#3 Seed (division winner): Eagles
#4 Seed (division winner): Rams
#5 Seed (wild card team): Saints
#6 Seed (wild card team): Packers
#7 Seed (wild card team): Commanders

NFC PREDICTED PLAYOFF MATCHUPS AND WINNERS:

NFC Super Wild Card Weekend: (5 points for each correctly predicted winner)

#2 - Vikings
VS.
#7 - Commanders
PREDICTED WINNER: Vikings

#3 - Eagles
VS.
#6 - Packers
PREDICTED WINNER: Packers

#4 - Rams
VS.
#5 - Saints
PREDICTED WINNER: Rams

NFC Divisional Playoff Round:
(6 points for each correctly predicted winner)

#1 -Bucs
VS.
Your Lowest Remaining NFC Seed: Packers
PREDICTED WINNER: Bucs

2nd Highest Remaining NFC Seed: Vikings
VS.
3rd Highest Remaining NFC Seed: Rams
PREDICTED WINNER: Rams

NFC Conference Championship:
(7 points for correctly predicted winner)

Team A: Bucs
VS.
Team B: Rams
PREDICTED NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPION: Rams

Super Bowl:
(10 points for correctly predicted winner)

AFC Conference Champion: Bills
VS.
NFC Conference Champion: Rams
PREDICTED SUPER BOWL WINNER: Bills

Tiebreaker:
What will be the combined total score in the Super Bowl? 52

Hi all,

At the midway point of the season (kind of), I thought I would post a little update in here regarding standings for the Crystal Ball pool. If the playoffs were to begin today, here is how things would shape up. Keep in mind, we can only base things right now off the following three scoring categories:

a. Earn 2 points for every team you correctly identify to make the playoffs from each conference.
b. Earn 3 points for every division winner and wild card team you correctly identify from each conference.
c. Earn 4 points for every team that you slot into the correct seed from each conference.

According to these criteria, here is the total number of points each contestant would have right now:

SilentThreat: 53 pts (AFC = 37 pts, NFC = 16 pts)
DixieFlatline: 47 pts (AFC = 33 pts, NFC = 14 pts)
Canadian Hog: 42 pts (AFC = 18 pts, NFC = 24 pts)
Om: 37 pts (AFC = 25 pts, NFC = 12 pts)
Neophyte: 33 pts (AFC = 26 pts, NFC = 7 pts)
Boone: 31 pts (AFC = 15 pts, NFC = 16 pts)
SkinsOrlando: 26 pts (AFC = 20 pts, NFC = 6 pts)

The moral of the story is that as a group, we are basically getting crushed on the NFC side of the bracket with the likes of the Packers, Bucs, and Rams all on the outside looking in right now. Obviously, nobody predicted teams like the Giants, Falcons, and Seahawks to be in the playoffs. Most people are having much more success on the AFC side, with many of the usual suspects currently in the playoff mix. However, teams like the Jets are doing their best to spoil the party. A lot can change and the season is still quite young.

Sit back, enjoy the season and let the chips fall where they may. One of us has to win this thing by default. The beauty of the NFL's unpredictability...

Thanks for giving us a *gulp* glimpse :) It's one crazy season and it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

I have exactly one team left in this and I picked them to lose to a team that is no longer in it. *sigh*

Nostradamus was a stud.

I have exactly one team left in this and I picked them to lose to a team that is no longer in it. *sigh*

Nostradamus was a stud.

My apologies to everyone for not getting the points total tabulated at the end of the regular season. The last few weeks have been quite busy for me.

I will try add everything up soon and give folks an update before the AFC/NFC Championships.

Like you, Neophyte, my pool is not looking great either. I had the Rams repeating.

No worries, CH. We are all busy so we get it.

My apologies to everyone for not getting the points total tabulated at the end of the regular season. The last few weeks have been quite busy for me.

I will try add everything up soon and give folks an update before the AFC/NFC Championships.

Like you, Neophyte, my pool is not looking great either. I had the Rams repeating.

Nah I’m good just rollin with your last update

Canadian Hog fired up the BGO Crystal Ball Super Computer and all pool data has been entered into the system. Heading into Conference Championship weekend, here are the current standings for each of the contestants in this year's Crystal Ball pool:

1. Om: 60 pts. (43 AFC pts, 17 NFC pts)

2. Boone: 54 pts. (36 AFC pts, 18 NFC pts)

2. SilentThreat: 54 pts. (36 AFC pts, 18 NFC pts)

4. Canadian Hog: 51 pts. (28 AFC pts, 23 NFC pts)

5. SkinsOrlando: 50 pts. (39 AFC pts, 11 NFC pts)

6. Neophyte: 49 pts. (40 AFC pts, 9 NFC pts)

7. DixieFlatline: 41 pts. (26 AFC pts, 15 NFC pts)

Please remember, the scoring system is as follows:

a) Predicted playoff teams = 2 pts. each
b) Identifying division winners and wild card teams = 3 pts. each
c) Identifying correct seedings in each conference = 4 pts. each
d) Predicting Super Wild Card weekend playoff winners = 5 pts. each
e) Predicting Divisional Round winners = 6 pts. each.

Based on everyone's predicted Super Bowl matchups, at this point, it looks like a two horse race between Om and Boone to win this thing.

Boone has predicted the Bengals to win the Super Bowl, while Om has hitched his wagon to his BFF, Patrick Mahomes, and the Kansas City Chiefs, to hoist the Lombardi.

The outcome of the AFC Championship will likely determine if Mark or John takes home the crown this season.

Om has been dominating BGO prognostication pools lately, having already made us all look silly in the Pick 'Em contest this season and also having won the BGO Draft Contest a season ago. Can he win three BGO pools in a row here?!?!

It's a good thing he doesn't play in the BGO fantasy football contest. Don't get any ideas, Om... :LOL:

Thanks to all for playing this year and let's see how this thing plays out. Good luck to Om and Boone!

And yet…and YET…can’t pick the winning Powerball.

Thanks for doing this brother Paul. I will admit I had no idea I was in the running on this one. Suddenly Mahomes injury matters even more!

Congratulations to Om on clinching victory in the 2022/23 BGO Crystal Ball pool with the thrilling Chiefs' victory in the AFC Championship. Well done, sir!

Congrats Brother Om :cheers:

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Om
Thanks gents. And thanks for putting this thing together CH. Quite an undertaking. 👊🏻

It’s weird to look back at the initial predictions now…my NFC picks were a disaster. Got a bit lucky with the AFC — right up to the awful personal foul on Cincy that gave KC a realist shot at the winning FG.

I was telling John just a couple minutes earlier Burrow was going to lead his team to the SB on their final drive. I thought they were the better team overall tonight.

Playoff football. I do love it so.

As active as the officials were, they missed a couple of calls in the final Bengals drive that could've turned the tide for Cincy. Very inconsistent officiating in that one. People are not wrong to have questions.

I can't believe no one has created a giph of George C Scott delivering that line.

My day is ruined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.