• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2023 - OTA/Camp thread

Ditto - on both counts. Whether or not he can avoid mistakes and make consistently good decisions with the ball only time will tell. But athletically I think Howell has the goods and some great talent to work with. Love his attitude and demeanor.

For what it’s worth…

Ditto - on both counts. Whether or not he can avoid mistakes and make consistently good decisions with the ball only time will tell. But athletically I think Howell has the goods and some great talent to work with. Love his attitude and demeanor.
Good points.

I have been following Sam since he was in High School, and I really do think he has all the tools you need to succeed in the league. Time will tell, and hopefully his OL holds up. His work ethic is second to none which bodes well for him.

Fingers crossed.

Love how down to Earth Sam is. I really think the kid is gonna suprise people this season.

Rivera's pressers still make me want to stick my head in a deep fryer...while its on.

Yeah, I really love how Sam handles himself. After following him at UNC, I think he can surprise people too. I was excited when we got him.

Proof will be in the pudding, but he certainly sounds more competent and energized than Turner.

Much needed discipline coming to the offense?

Yes please!

*Captain Obvious enters the room* :co-obvious:

I think we're hearing about how active EB is from enough sources to believe that he is, in fact, all over these guys in a way that hasn't been the case in previous seasons. I love that. But whether it translates to a more potent and effective offense remains to be seen. We think it should, but ... One thing I liked hearing from Howell is that he 'likes to be coached hard' and has told Bienemy that. That's a good thing, because not every QB can handle that.

The other factor that we won't have any idea about is how effective a play-caller EB is, what his game management skills are, or even really what an Eric Bienemy offense looks like because I'm not sure we saw any of that during his stint in KC. That's a pretty big unknown and one of the reasons why I'm not anointing Bienemy the next head coach until I see what he can do out from under the shadow of Andy Reid.

Last edited:
"CY 9-9 Checkin in for media day"

Not "CY 9-9 comin to work"

Not "CY 9-9 back with the team"

He specifically said "media day." His attitude may never have what it takes to win. He's only there for the wrong reasons. If he comes out and has 15 sacks and is in the DPOY conversation, nobody will care.. but if we have ANOTHER down season by him where he's only got 1.5 sacks in the first 10 games of the season like he did before the injury....

This week is MANDATORY mini-camp btw... no longer 'optional'

I am not impressed with him. Never have been. He's everything Jon Allen isn't - and not in a good way.

Dude has had this kind of arrogant personality since day one and really has done nothing to back it up. I hope he does well for the team's sake, but as a person in general, he leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm open to being wrong about him. I'm just not seeing the kind of motivation and dedication we've seen from other team leaders. He reminds me of Arrington. I hope I'm 100% wrong. I think we may look back on this offseason and regret not trying to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

I'm open to being wrong about him. I'm just not seeing the kind of motivation and dedication we've seen from other team leaders. He reminds me of Arrington. I hope I'm 100% wrong. I think we may look back on this offseason and regret not trying to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.
I am too. I want the guy to succeed, but I am very much on the fence in saying that will happen. We shall see, but he needs to show something.

You would figure bottoming out with an injury would give someone focus...but his actions do not give you the vibe that he's hungry and committed to getting back to help the team.
The term "Bust" gets thrown around a lot but he's headed that direction.

It may be cheezy and corny, but our social media team continues to prove they're leaps and bounds above what we've had here in the past

Some early pics from camp.

You can see our rookie DB in the background

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.