• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 Free Agency Tracker

He's going to a team with a stud QB, great wide receiver, and a chance to see the post season.

At this point in his career I think that means more to him than trying to figure out what oddball play Turner is going to come up with or how he's going to have to run a cross field out route and fight for 3 yards.

We didn’t make an offer :) That also simplifies things lol.

I really thought they looked at him as a part of the future here.

I'd like to know who came up with the decision not to even make an offer.

I really thought they looked at him as a part of the future here.

I'd like to know who came up with the decision not to even make an offer.
Coach-centric! So Rivera has to be involved. Then, of course, the Marties with their amazing GM skills. This could be the worst offseason we've had in 5 years. Losing McKissic and Settle, two guys we had who are VALUE guys, who pay off bigger than their cost. Those are building blocks for winning teams, true lunch pail players. It's no surprise they both go to the Bills; sometimes you judge what you lost by who they go to. Great GM there, both players end up there. That's not a coincidence.

Ron's decisions on remaking this team (Turner over O'Connell; O'Connell being looked at for HC positions, Turner? Nada.... Kyle Smith supposedly interviewed for GM, then hire Marties and let Kyle walk... now watch as team loses obvious talent and just as important: VALUE at key positions) are looking REALLY BAD, fast. This stuff was theorized by many of us, debated by many, but now I am starting to see observables that look, to me, less debatable. It's starting to seem more sure that Ron's decisions are weakening this team.

McCain was kind of to be expected, the fact that we didnt even sniff around McKissic is troubing.. At his cap number... it was a no-brainer to keep him. I can't explain that move at all....

I hesitate to judge moves--or non-moves in this case--in a vacuum. It sure seems like a strange decision not to make JD an offer based on what we saw last season, so my guess is there's more to the picture than we know. We'll hopefully get some indication at some point, and definitely watch the moves they make at RB between now and the draft.

I hesitate to judge moves--or non-moves in this case--in a vacuum. It sure seems like a strange decision not to make JD an offer based on what we saw last season, so my guess is there's more to the picture than we know. We'll hopefully get some indication at some point, and definitely watch the moves they make at RB between now and the draft.
I agree that we don't know everything, but we can make judgements to the best of our knowledge. That is always what judgements are anyway; especially from our fan vantage point, we will always be operating without the complete picture and subject to whatever is shared to us.

From that lens - the JD move (or lack thereof) seems absurd. Ditto for Settle walking. You have to get value at some of those key positions, especially on D-Line. You have some expensive guys there, like Payne - are you going to be able to afford them? The other troubling part of this is that the Bills picked up both. So, for those who are thinking there may be issues with JD (or Settle?), I would say - I think the Bills FO have proven themselves pretty savvy. Again, it's an early take, but I see a lot of bad so far this offseason. Way more bad than good, so far. JD was instrumental in more than one W - and his attitude was publicly great too.

... or, we could just assume we suck.

The McKissic signing sucks, but it’s also a head scratcher on his side. Buffalo the last few years just hasn’t used their RBs very much. Allen is their best runner. They get a good game from guys from time to time, then just switch to the next guy who does nothing until they have a good game. It’s just and odd situation with how they deal with RBs. Maybe they told him they have plans to use him more, but their recent RB history says otherwise.

I would like to give this brain-trust the benefit of the doubt/doubts but they don’t make it easy.

Perhaps when they are allowed to talk…

Reactions: Om
Twitter will make you believe that this team is currently in dire straits.

I tell you what - if losing Tim Settle, JD McKissic, Landon Collins, and Brandon Scherff are the price you have to pay to retain Terry McLaurin long term, then sign me up 8 days a week.

Until we botch an extension on McLaurin, I am going to avoid passing judgment.

I get us letting Settle go. I expected it. He was a 12-15 snap-a-game guy for us. There was no way we were going to match the money the Bills are paying him for that kind of playing time.

McKissic, however, was a huge part of our offense the last 2 years, playing a significant percentage of snaps until he got injured late last season so 3.5-4 mill a year seems easy to justify.

I don’t get the McKissic thing either. But until we’ve gotten through free agency and the draft, I’m not going to criticize.

The only thing I can imagine is that they think finding a good third down back is easy. We had great production out of Chris Thompson then great production out of McKissic. If that's what they're thinking they're wrong. Not because McKissic is impossible to replace, but because rewarding guys is good team building. McKissic looks like he could have been one of those guys you keep at a reasonable cost and say to the rest of the team, "Look! We keep our own. We reward our own."

The other thing is that McKissic seems to be a guy who outperforms his talent. You need those guys.

If they don’t trust the neck all of the rest of the angst is beside the point. That one factor alone could make the decision reasonable. Not saying that’s it, but it’s possible that’s what this is about.

What's all true?

If it is true that he is going to the Bills, it is likely he is going somewhere with a week stable of backs and thinks he will get more playing time. Still begs the question if we tried to match and if not, why not?
Whatever character flaw reports there were at time the in Philly on Wentz.

I would like to give this brain-trust the benefit of the doubt/doubts but they don’t make it easy.

Perhaps when they are allowed to talk…

If they somehow screw up extending McLaurin then this brain-trust deserves zero benefit. As it stands now they only have like 2/3 of one benefit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.