• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2022 Breakout Player - Who Will It Be?

Who Breaks Out in 2022?

• Curtis Samuel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benjamin St-Juste

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dyami Brown

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • John Bates

• Sam Cosmi

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jamin Davis

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • William Jackson III

• Someone else (please comment)

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Which 2nd year Commanders player breaks out and makes a major leap in quality of play in 2022?

I think there are several good candidates - I suspect Curtis Samuel will finally be healthy and could really show us something, but with all of our receiving weapons, not sure he'll get enough action to really deliver as a 'wow' player in his 2nd season in DC.

We saw flashes with Jamin Davis the last quarter of the 2021 season. I just have a feeling it will 'click' this season and he'll come in playing confidently. He has some elite physical skills. If he can do what the coaches want him to do and play more instinctively - watch out.

I felt obligated to vote for my fellow Canadian, Benjamin St. Juste. Conflict of interest aside, I feel like he showed some promise at corner in his limited games last season. Early in the year, he appeared to get better with each passing week, and then injuries struck and pulled the plug on his season. With the NFL being a passing league, 2022 is going to provide him with a lot of opportunities to be on the field and fill an important role on the team. If he comes back and stays healthy, he can be one of those role players that you critically need to push you over the edge and help contribute towards a few more wins. Nobody wins with two corners anymore and I am hoping he develops into a solid #3 this Fall.

I really like him. If he could move on from the concussion thing, he’s got starter potential. Bad thing, like heat injuries, once you’ve had a concussion, you are more likely to suffer them in the future. Fingers crossed he is the exception!

I'm going with Dyami Brown.

I think we saw last year that a better QB could probably have made better use of him, so I'm thinking that maybe Wentz being under center is to his benefit. We could see big years from a bunch of our receivers though, so it could deflate stats across the board. It'll be interesting to see how the yardage gets split.

I picked Brown. As SilentThreat pointed out in another thread the dude was open a lot. The team went out and signed stronger armed QB’s, with one being his old passer from college. They complimented each other and Howell can also inform Wentz on Brown’s tendencies.

Last edited:
I think the easy answer is Samuels. He’s done it before and injuries derailed him last year. I don’t expect him to have forgotten how to play football.

The guy I want to see breakout is Davis. But that’s because LB is a hole and we want to see that filled.

But my answer is Sam Cosmi. I expect him to develop this year into a lockdown tackle. I really think this is his year.

I pick Brown but I do wonder if he gets lost in the shuffle. He's got the lowest investment of the top 4 was, so you wonder where he ultimately fits in.

I pick Brown but I do wonder if he gets lost in the shuffle. He's got the lowest investment of the top 4 was, so you wonder where he ultimately fits in.

I’d expect a ton of 4 WR set packages to come, with RB (X) interchangeable as well. Cutdowns may be quite interesting this off-season for that group.

I expect it may very well be Robinson the running back. His size and quickness add a dimension we have not had here in awhile.

Peyton Barber was a battering ram but had no quickness or versatility out of the backfield.

I HOPE the breakout player is Jamin Davis because this defense in the back seven is WAY short on playmakers right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.