2019 Keys to the Game Contest

One of many experimental iterations ...

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

The defense finally shows up. An actual pass rush causes Trubisky to throw a pick six to Landon Collins which proves to be the difference in the game.

SkinsOrlando

Searching for the 6 fingered man
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kent State

They change the game from MNF to Sunday afternoon providing us a chance not to **** the bed on prime time

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

In a back and forth contest, we let NY take it in the second half after failing to make adjustments and lose 27-13.

Bonus key: Jay Gruden pulls a Vontae Davis and retires at halftime. This is more wishful thinking than anything.

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

Our porous OL finally gets Keenum killed. Haskins comes in with the Redskins trailing by 14 points. He rallies the Redskins for two TDs, unfortunately the 'skins still fall short as the defense gives up a late game-winning filed goal.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Hopkins 4 FG's gets us the win.

Redskins 26
vaGiants 17

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Jones tries to do way too much with 3 picks. Kerrigan picks up a fumble late for the winning score.

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

Jones tries to do way too much with 3 picks. Kerrigan picks up a fumble late for the winning score.
:rotflmao:

I think every time the Redskins have played against a rookie QB in the last 10 years they have made him look like Tom Brady. I have zero confidence our defensive coaching staff know what to do to confuse a young QB, and even less confidence our players can make plays.

Way to stay optimistic though. :thumbsup:

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Washington has a way of bringing out the best in opposing rookie qb's.

A key to a redskin win is unfathomable to Jay because that entails sticking with the ground game for 4 quarters. He'll have a Keenum throw it 50 times and we lose 27-17

Special key is when Jay is about to enter the tunnel Dan comes flying down from the stands Jimmy Snuka style, lands on Jay and proceeds to choke & bite him before security intervenes.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Losing to rookie QB's has been a Redskins trait since the days of George Allen.
Every staff has struggled with them way more often than they should have in my 50yrs of watching.

But, we'll get this one.

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

Our defense doesn't show up (again) but neither does New England's. We get into a shootout with Brady, and it goes exactly how we'd expect. We put up a lot of points, but they put up more.

Patriots 51
Redskins 37

edit: more specifically, total combined offense for both teams is nearly 1,000 yards and we score a special teams TD.

Last edited:

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Well I tell you what boys...not only do we win this one......It's a lock!!!

I'll explain the ironclad reasoning later this week. But for now, the key is.....the opening kickoff. :thumbsup:

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

Well I tell you what boys...not only do we win this one......It's a lock!!!

I'll explain the ironclad reasoning later this week. But for now, the key is.....the opening kickoff. :thumbsup:
Did Brady die?

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

A couple guys picked the NY win, but no one gave anything specific enough. Remember guys - it's not 'predict the score' - it's a key play or player or event :) For the Giants game for example, 'Haskins comes on in relief, but craps the bed' would've done it.

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Double posting like a mofo

Last edited:

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Would Grudusky craps the bed suffice

I'm going with the pats move the ball with ease on every possession, not because Manusky is as useless as a great rack on a nun, but because the officials will need Tommy John surgery after the game from throwing double digit flags on the skins. We suck and it`s the pats which is the perfect storm for flagapalooza

Last edited:

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Pats up 33-6 at the half. Brady hits the bench early in second half. Final score is 54-13.

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

Patriots are allowing an average of 6.8 points per game. Their defense is on pace to set NFL records for sacks and interceptions. Redskins rank 28th in league in yards per game, 29th in the league on 3rd down conversions, and 28th in scoring. Could be ugly, and will be. Colt McCoy starts the game and manages to get the Redskins 3 points. He also gets sacked a few times and throws a couple of picks. Haskins starts the second half with the Redskins trailing 30-3. Showing improvement, Haskins overcomes an early INT to lead the Redskins to a garbage time touchdown. This means that the Redskins beat the scoring average, but the Patriots still coast to a 44-10 win.

SkinnedAussie

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Just watched Inside The NFL and they had Las Vegas showing the Pats with a 16 point spread. Why so low? Surely that has to be at quarter time?

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Because they don't know, what I know.

Redskins win. It's a lock, I tell you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0