• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 to 2014 NBA Thread

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
The Wizards just made a big trade tonight, getting Marcin Gortat from the Suns.

That's the best big man they've had in forever. But, now they are out of the lottery for the best draft class of the last ten years.

The Wizards just made a big trade tonight, getting Marcin Gortat from the Suns.

That's the best big man they've had in forever. But, now they are out of the lottery for the best draft class of the last ten years.

From what I understand, the pick is top-12 protected, so if they do get in the top-12, they retain the pick and the Suns get a different pick (possibly the next year's first?)

EDIT: The pick also has top 10 protection from 2015-2019, according to this article: Washington Wizards trade for Marcin Gortat, send Emeka Okafor to Phoenix in 5-player deal - The Washington Post

You are correct. Gortat guarantees playoffs this year. So that pick will be gone.

He's probably the best big in DC since Wes Unseld? I don't even think most Wiz fans know what a great big looks like. They'll fall in love with him quickly.

Nice win for the rebuilding Celtics and Coach Brad Stevens in Miami.

That was awesome. Especially in Miami.

I'd like to see Boston go on a crazy win streak right now. And Diesel, who is the guy that looks like the geico caveman?

Wiz are 2-4, blech. What the heck is going on with Otto Porter? 0 minutes?

Just saw he has a hip flexor injury. Great. Just the Wizards luck, lol.

That was awesome. Especially in Miami.

I'd like to see Boston go on a crazy win streak right now. And Diesel, who is the guy that looks like the geico caveman?

Kelly Olynyk, Celtics 1st round pick from this last draft. Gonzaga kid.

Kelly Olynyk, Celtics 1st round pick from this last draft. Gonzaga kid.

He seems to have an interesting story. I'm watching him right now. The announcer said he grew up playing guard, but then had a huge growth spurt.

A big with handles?

Also, set your DVRs to ESPN tomorrow night at 9:30. You'll get a chance to see the two most heralded collegiate players in forever get to play each other, when Kansas takes on Duke.

Wiggins against Parker. These two are the reason why everyone is tanking this year. Many believe that Wiggins is the next Lebron.

He seems to have an interesting story. I'm watching him right now. The announcer said he grew up playing guard, but then had a huge growth spurt.

A big with handles?

I have just seen bits and pieces so far this season,so I'm not sure about the handles but I can already tell that he's got passing skills.

Just glad he has a coach that's willing to give him some PT right now.

If this was Doc, Olynyk would be buried on the bench.

EDIT:

16/7/5 last night. Not bad......

Last edited:
Anyone watching the finals?

Last night's first half by the Spurs was some of the most beautiful basketball I've seen in a long time.

Haven't seen passing and movement off the ball like that since the '86 Celtics.

By the time Miami realized what was going on, they were already down 20.

Boris Diaw and Leonard last night? WOW! All I can think of to describe their play.

Spurs are proving once again that a team is better than just a collected group of individuals.

Also, IMO, this lays to rest all the silly nonsense in the sports media/internet world about: "Has Lebron passed Bird? Lebron is on MJ's level/approaching MJ's level".

when your starting "big 3" are able to sit out basically the entire second half you are KILLING them!!

I love watching BSPN try to make up reasons why Lebron is sucking. He left the court TWICE last night!! It is baffling to me...

Where do you think he ends up next year?

I'm loving it.

Pat Riley had better get on the horn quickly with Melo, or I bet Lebron will head to the Knicks or Lakers.

I have a feeling the Lakers are going back down towards the bottom for a while. Kobe is on his way out and there is ZERO talent on that squad.

Melo would be smart to play under Jackson/Fisher.

espn_g_bird_johnsonm_576.jpg

The draft class of 2003 is making its case for combining the most talent with the complete absence of individual fortitude.

Great win by the Spurs,who reminded everybody that basketball is best when the ball moves and everyone's involved.

In defeating the Heat, the Spurs restored balance to
the universe.

Duncan is hands down the best PF ever. Best use of the glass in my life, too

Duncan is hands down the best PF ever. Best use of the glass in my life, too
Using the glass is a lost art, the same way back-to-the-basket post men are.

It's a shame too. I remember as a kid watching " Winning Basketball with Red Auerbach and Larry Bird" and Bird showing you just how many spots there were on the glass to score from.

Kids these days have no clue about using the glass, post moves or boxing out. Makes me want to pull my hair out at times watching a paid professional that has no clue when it comes to fundamentals.

Guys like Duncan are a dying breed.

/getoffmylawn rant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.