• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 ticket invoices posted

tshile

If you have tickets, go check them out. Price increases this year.

Green parking up $50/year, it is now $400/year for a green parking pass

New price structure for the lower level. Previously all lower level tickets were $99/seat. Now the two sections straddling the 50 yard line on each side are $150/seat. From there to the goal line on each side is $130.90/seat. End zone and corners are now $119.90/seat. These price increases are also reflected for the corresponding 200 level section for each 100 level section.

If you were a relocated seat person, and were paying your old section's price, that is gone and you now pay whatever the price is for the section you are currently in. This has resulted in some confusion and people thinking they're getting a 50%+ increase in the upper level. You're not, your grandfathered price from your old section is gone and that is majority of your increase. The remaining 5-10$/seat increase is the increase for the section you're in.

Due April 1st - they do have payment options.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with the price increases is how it will indirectly affect me. It's hard enough to sell a $99 ticket, now I have to sell a $120 ticket for the same seat.

I wouldn't mind the price increases if reselling tickets wasn't such a complete joke. You're lucky to get 70% of what you paid for it on the aftermarket, and even then you get ridiculed for not selling it to a redskins fan (they will only pay about 40%). Bunch of falsely entitled pricks around here.

upon further review. I was paying 108.90 per seat per game when tax was factored in. my new price is 119.90 per seat per game with tax.

$11 per seat per game isn't that bad of an increase considering they haven't done an increase since 2007.

Tshile, prior to these increases, lower level seats were only $99 a seat? That seems amazingly reasonable for lower bowl seats.

My tickets in the upper sidelines, section 431 row 2, went up $5.50 per seat. I can live with that.

What chafes my nuts is the $5.00 increase in parking.

Aside from slightly less traffic because of the removing all of those seats, the parking situation hasn't improved enough to warrant an extra $50.00 a year.

It's a blatant money-grab that takes advantage of a captive audience.

My problem with the price increases is how it will indirectly affect me. It's hard enough to sell a $99 ticket, now I have to sell a $120 ticket for the same seat.

I wouldn't mind the price increases if reselling tickets wasn't such a complete joke. You're lucky to get 70% of what you paid for it on the aftermarket, and even then you get ridiculed for not selling it to a redskins fan (they will only pay about 40%). Bunch of falsely entitled pricks around here.
Is this problem common for all resales? I see $44 face value upper level tickets selling for upwards of $200 each for late season or Dallas games every year. Does the resale just suck early in the season, or do you have a weird seat location?

Is this problem common for all resales? I see $44 face value upper level tickets selling for upwards of $200 each for late season or Dallas games every year. Does the resale just suck early in the season, or do you have a weird seat location?

No, it's not the location. I'm right on the goal line, in pretty good seats (if I may say so myself :) ) Certainly not the best, but I'm happy with them :) (section 117 if you look at the stadium diagram)

First - this past year was an abnormality - hopefully it continues - but since Gibbs left the team has been so dreadful by week 14 you can't give tickets away. Literally. Where I used to work had to give up the company tickets because employees wouldn't go - for free...

Second - any big team or NFC East rival has a possibility of pushing sales up due to the number of transplants in the area. A lot of teams have a pretty impressive following in the area (some of it is bandwagon fans too). So for a 'big' game you may see them go up. This year eagles tickets didn't skyrocket - because the eagles sucked by the time they came here to play. Which is why, for the first time in a long time, I enjoyed going to an Eagles game. Their fans didn't show up. In the past I'd just sell that game, wasn't worth almost getting in a handful of fights and being arrested, or worse sent to the hospital. I stopped being a confrontational dumbass around 20, 21; but with eagles fans... trouble just follows those low lifers.

Third - it really really really depends on where you're looking. Stub hub, for example, is super inflated. They add their cut, their fees, and to top it off most of the tickets are coming from the team itself, or one of the many brokers the team has become far too close with. They're basically trolling for anyone willing to pay that price. If I were to put my tickets up there for, say $10 cheaper, they'd never sell because there just aren't that many buyers. Big games aside, of course. Stub hub is not exactly a good place to gauge ticket resale value on average.

The problem with reselling tickets is primarily with the attitude most redskins fans in this area have had. They know the team has sucked, it's 'common knowledge' the stadium sucks (despite the fact that most people who say that haven't been, or have only been a few times, and are just repeating what they hear other, equally as informed people say), and Snyder has a reputation among the fans as a greedy little prick trying to stick it to the fans in every way. When you add all that up you have a general consensus among people that the tickets are way over priced and that season ticket holders are dying to get a buck for them. So - when I tell someone I'm asking face value they laugh, and offer below 50%. I'm not in the business of losing money so I just don't sell my tickets for that.

I know it sounds like I'm picking on redskins fans, but here's the thing - I've never encountered that with anyone who wants to buy tickets because their team is playing the redskins. I've (despicably) sold pre-season tickets for full price to opposing fans in the past and they happily paid it. Granted, they don't have the opportunity local redskins fans have to see their favorite team in person nearly as often, but in general those fans are happy to pay face value and not get raked over the coals. So which team the buyer roots for definitely seems to matter.

Which is why I laugh at people who criticize season ticket holders for selling to the highest bidder even if it's not a skins fan - you go flush 60% of 4k down the toilet then we'll talk about loyalties and what it means to be a fan. I go to more than my fair share of games (missed one preseason game out of the last 28 straight) to listen to a bunch of bull**** from people that rarely, if ever, attend games.

Sorry about that rant. Anyways - it's been a problem recently. Majority of the people in this area are fairweather fans - and I don't mean that as an insult, its just the way most people are. if the team is good you just see more redskins gear, you hear more people talking about it, and more people are interested in going to the games. When they're bad you don't see gear, no one talks about them, and you play hell trying to sell your tickets if you can't go.

My dad had the tickets from ~1980 until 1997 (these have been in the family a long time.) When they were passed to me he always told me - sell your tickets before the season starts, cause when week 8 roles around and they suck no one will take them for free. He was absolutely dead on. It goes up and down. There are decades where having season tickets means your phone rings constantly from people you haven't talked to in years asking if you still have tickets, trying to find them. There are decades where the main joke is 'I left 2 tickets on my dashboard and when I came back my window was smashed and there were 4 tickets on my dashboard.'

So, that was a very long way of saying yes - it's common. It's just part of the deal and you accept it when you buy them - well, if you don't accept it then you wind up giving them up when you realize you can't assume you'll get $x amount every year selling your tickets. I know it sounds weird, and it should - if you're active on this site than you're in the 1% of redskins fans in terms of how obsessed you are with the team.

I'm expecting this problem to go away now that we have Griffin. This team is finally a team to be proud of, and it will show in terms of fan support and stadium attendance. It's already starting to show at the stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is correct. Not including tax.

That's pretty insane. Let me explain:

I am by no means rich at this moment. But I have attended a ton of Orlando Magic games, a few TB Bucs games and some Miami Dolphin games.

I can promise you that $99 is insanely cheap for such seats. It's beyond cheap. I realize that the team has sucked incredibly prior to this last season, but here is an example.

Tampa Bay charges through the nose. Their version of club seats go for $235 to $350 a pop--face value.

Yeah, they're cheap even for Washington teams. Capitals tickets are much more expensive. It's hard to be objective about it when you're the one cutting the check :)

The biggest issue is they make us pay full price for two preseason games. Preseason nfl football is the worst preseason product in all of sports, in my opinion.

Hey folks! Good morning!

I am somewhat ashamed to say that I have never had the opportunity to see a Skins home game. (Never lived in or near DC) though I have seen some away games.

I have a wife and two daughters who have suddenly embraced B & G fandom along side of me (Thank you RG3 for that!!!!!) and we would like to now figure out how to attend a home game.

I dont know if this is the proper thread, but would it be possible to work with someone here for advice on how best to proceed with the planning for next season?

thanks!

Don (SS)

I'd love to help. Which game are you thinking of attending, and where abouts will you be staying?

I'm honestly not sure yet. I will start thinking through on this asap though!

thanks for the help!

The schedule isn't released yet, but they already know who we'll be playing at home next year

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...3-Season/257b8e12-a2d0-437f-b3e4-25688ab65da7

Not sure what matters more to you - who we're playing or when we're playing. Either way, feel free to PM me or bump the thread. Bumping the thread may be better for you because there are quite a few people here that frequently attend games. They may have different and/or better insight on some things than I do.

Looking at that list we got screwed. Bears, Lions, 49ers, Cheifs, and chargers at home?

Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Broncos, Raiders on the road?

Good lord. That is awful. I was looking forward to having the broncos and packers at home - guess whatever source I originally read was wrong, or my memory failed me (again.)

Home/Road opponents have been set for years, T. I blame your memory. :)

FYI - When I went to renew there was no option for setting preferences for the auto upgrade system so I called the ticket office. Apparently they're getting lots of calls about this. I don't know if it was on the invoice that was mailed, but their website has old/incorrect information.

They're revamping the system because of the price structure change/increases. As long as you've paid in full by April 1st, or you're caught up on your payment plan (which would be the first two installments, march 1st and april 1st), you'll be eligible for upgrades. When the system is ready the team will send out letters/emails on how to proceed with setting up your upgrade preferences.

edit: and lanky, I blame it too. for many things.

Interesting tshile, your selling experiences have been the polar opposite of mine. I have never had a problem selling all 4 of my tix and I've never taken less than face value, ever. I've been a season ticket holder for almost a decade now and any games I don't go to easily are sold even in the worst of times. Go figure.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'll certainly ask you for advice ifni need to sell some. Last few years I've gone to all the games so I haven't had a need to sell them.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'll certainly ask you for advice ifni need to sell some. Last few years I've gone to all the games so I haven't had a need to sell them.

t-, if I remember correctly you are in section 105? If so, I would buy any extra ticket you have at face value anytime one is available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.