• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 Blognostication Winner

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
First off, I would like to offer my personal thanks, and that of the whole staff here at BGO, to all our Blognosticators for 2013. Our goal is to have the most high quality member content of any sports team's fan site on the web and this program is a huge part of that. The 16 men and women who participate in this every year all do a great job in making that part of the BGO ownership team's vision for this site come true week in and week out. You guys make my job easy. Thanks for that.

So, without further ado, it is with great pleasure, if just slightly tardy, that I announce to you that the winner of the 2013 Blognostication contest is Jugband McGillicuddy!

Jugs wrote an entertaining, tongue in cheek, piece about the Week 11 matchup with Eagles when our season was clearly headed no where, offering solid analysis and some sorely needed humor and optimism.

Congratulations Jugband McGillicuddy!

For being the winner of the 2013 competition he earns the title of Chief Blognosticator 2013 and will proudly (we hope) sport the Chief Blognosticator Avatar for this year. He also gets to be the lead off Blognosticator for this season, earning the right to author the write up for the first game of the Jay Gruden era against the Houston Texans.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!

He posts
He comes to tailgates
He's an old friend from ES that is a friend to most of us in real life as well as the site

and he won....I DEMAND JUSTICE!!

As I told Neo in his very kind message, I DO feel somewhat guilty about accepting this prestigious award and high honor; given that I don't post much. Heck, I wasn't even able to appear in the Ravens preseason chat this week. And I hardly ever miss those.

However, all of that being said, I beat y'all fair and square. And I hope that each of you who will blognosticate during the 2014 season will strive to meet the high standards that I have set forth. None of you, of course, will achieve them, but I'm hoping your efforts to reach my level will result in something that I actually find to be worth reading. :p

Seriously though, given the depth of Redskins and NFL knowledge that so many possess here, and the many outstanding writers and contributors on this great board, this DOES mean a great deal to me. I appreciate the friendship, camaraderie, and yeah, even the sarcastic ribbing that I've come to expect here. To be judged this year's winner, given the competition, is an honor.

Thank you. HTTR. HTBGO.

I'll bet Jugband didn't even write it himself. He probably paid a friend of his a large sum of money, someone that actually had a High School education, write it for him !
I demand a forrensic handwriting analysis of the piece, to prove whether it's actually Jugband's handwriting !!

Congrats Mr. Jugs (and yeah I feel weird saying that)! We know when a man is smitten, rolling around in the puppy love like it was a dead animal, writing sonnets, and whispering sweet nothings 24/7, there's little room for rough and tumble football talk!

We'll be here when the estrogen wears off!!

All kidding aside, congrats and happy you are happy :cheers:

WTH is a sonnet? I'm far more Dr. Seuss than Shakespeare. lol

But yeah, I gotta say that life is pretty good. I got the girl, and now the trophy! It's good to be Jug!

Looking forward to seeing you, brother. And thank you!!

Well either way we were screwed with the ahem "winner", apparently no good candidates appeared in the primaries and the committee was left with

797e630732df3fc8710e0a68ff7abeb36348d9bb6467510db1fa7747873b0518.jpg

In all actuality congrats J, definitely need more humor when the days get cloudy during the season :claps:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.