• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2011 Tropical Weather Updates

Dang, gonna be some disappointed people here. Texas is in a bad, bad drought right now, could've used that rain...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We don't need the rain from Lee, but maybe it will finally extinguish the dismal swamp fire.

My main concern is Katia staying out to sea. This morning they were saying too early to tell. Depends on what and how systems coming of east coast steer the storm.

Its not Lee yet - there is another storm in the Atlantic that could become Lee first, in which case this storm would become Maria.

In other news, this is how badly the Houston area needs rain: 66 million trees expected to die.

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsd...on-area-city-canopy-will-never-look-the-same/
I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that once a storm becomes a tropical depression, the letter is already set aside to be designated to them whether they become a tropical storm or not. Again, not 100% sure, it just seems like I remember hearing this at some point.

I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that once a storm becomes a tropical depression, the letter is already set aside to be designated to them whether they become a tropical storm or not. Again, not 100% sure, it just seems like I remember hearing this at some point.

Al Roker said it might not be Lee this morning, that's what I was going by. Not sure of the rules.

Al Roker said it might not be Lee this morning, that's what I was going by. Not sure of the rules.
Neither am I as far as the naming goes, I just know you always see tropical depressions listed with a number, followed by a letter, that's why I'm assuming this might be the case.

Someone PLEASE tell me Katia is going to turn and stay out to see. The 5 day forecast this morning puts the track all too close to VA Beach.

Someone PLEASE tell me Katia is going to turn and stay out to see. The 5 day forecast this morning puts the track all too close to VA Beach.
We should be good to go unless the front that's gonna steer it gets hung up or slows down. Then again, it's a hurricane. They do whatever they damn well please :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.