• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2010: Redskins v. Lions Top 10 Exciting Games

Serv provided us with this website a few months back and I was perusing tonight to find this little tidbit:

That was not one of the most exciting games of 2010. If anything it was one of the most painful for Redskin fans. I think it was fair to say that many of us knew where this game was going.......

It was a fundamental shift in the NFL the Lions were no longer the laughing stocks and the Redskins joined (maybe officially joined, they've been hovering in this area for almost 10 years) the ranks of the NFL bottom feeders.

Only game I missed all season because I was at the Marine Corps Marathon. I did catch the end of it at a restaurant after the race. When I saw Suh running the ball into the end zone, my thoughts were, "How the hell are the Lions going to turn into a competitor before us?"

Your assessment is spot on!

Hey, look on the bright side of it... it was the beginning of the end for McNugget.

That game was the turning point of the season. It's the game McNabb threw away with that rookie-like INT toward the end with things looking pretty solid. And it's the game where Kyle S. was caught on camera as McNabb made calls at the line going "WTF?"

The Skins were 4-3, coming off a road win in Chicago, and very much in the mix. They win that game to go 5-3, continue to gain confidence and momentum, and who knows how the stretch run goes? But the wheels fell off after than inexcusable INT, and I am about 98% convinced it was McNabb's either unwillingness or inability to work within the offense, in the way you'd expect a 6-time Pro Bowl veteran to do, that was the real cause of the second half of the season turning south.

That was not one of the most exciting games of 2010. If anything it was one of the most painful for Redskin fans. I think it was fair to say that many of us knew where this game was going.......

Yes, exciting isn't the adjective I would've used to describe this game. Nauseating maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.