• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2010 Redskins Coaching Staff

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Last edited:
I guess one of the things I don't understand is why do we need a Safeties Coach and a Defensive Backs Coach?

Last edited:
I guess one of the things I don't understand is why do we need a Safeties Coach and a Defensive Backs Coach?

El, I started perusing other NFL team coaching staffs and, so far, have noticed that it's pretty much universal to have a defensive backs coach-not so much a safeties coach, although some teams have an assistant defensive backs coach. I'm wondering if the "safeties coach" might be one of the responsibilities of such an assistant d-backs coach. One position I'm seeing rather often is that of offensive/defensive Quality Control sometimes offensive only, usually both. Makes me wonder why the Skins coaching TOO doesn't include that. I dunno.

You did ask why we had a safeties coach and a defensive backs coach? After watching the Skins safeties and corners this season-that need seems pretty apparent to me. :help:

Bill Khayat is the current Offensive Quality Control Coach for the Skins (no word on if he will stick with Shanahan). Ollivadotti will likely fill that role for the defensive staff if I had to guess.

You did ask why we had a safeties coach and a defensive backs coach? After watching the Skins safeties and corners this season-that need seems pretty apparent to me. :help:

I guess I am basing my opinion of this on the confusion that took place a few years back and my own misunderstanding of the Defensive Back position. I know safeties and corners have differing responsibilities, but it would seem to me they should be on the same page.

In the year that the hoopla occurred regarding the lack of communication when Gibbs was here between the safeties coach and the defensive backs coach, I was left with the impression that there should not be 2 coaches covering corners and safeties since they are intricately linked. I guess my limited understanding suggests the whole defensive backfield should be under one umbrella, like the lineman, linebackers, etc. I mean, you wouldn't have 2 different coaches for a fullback and tailback would you?

Last edited:
Updated 2/8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.