• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2010 Redskins: Biggest Improvements?

What will prove to be the most improved aspect of the 2010 Washington Redskins?

• Coaching/Playcalling

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • New and improved O-Line

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Its the QB play stupid

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Running Back production

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Albert Haynesworth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Run Defense

• Tight Ends

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Red Zone scoring

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Pass Defense

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Improve? What is this improve you speak of?

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
When the dust settles on the Shanallen's inaugural season, which facet(s) of the 2010 Washington Redskins will have seen the most improvement?

Last edited:
With all the changes in personnel. I still went with coaching/playcalling. Sure, there's a new and noticeably improved atmosphere present in Redskinland-but Mike Shanahan also has a reputation as being one of the best playcalling field generals in the NFL. He is, I think, the best at actually running the game of any coach the Redskins have had in the last decade. He's known also for getting more out of his players than one might expect just looking at their "on paper" capabilities-an added bonus to having him around.

I voted the same as Serv. It is hard not to be able to put together a better game plan than the previous regime, even with the ole' bingo caller.

I said "pass defense."

Most teams that abuse opposing QBs run a 3-4 these days. And most of them have a hybrid DE/LB type that they move around, and use to wreak all kinds of havoc. (I'm talking to you, Osackpo.)

All that pressure leads to not only sacks, but hurries. Hurries lead to turnovers. Turnovers lead to points and field position. Points and field position lead to wins. Wins lead to playoffs.....etc, etc, etc. :)

Other.

The Front office of Allen and Shanahan without them making football moves and running this team like a football franchise and not like an insane asylum none of what we will see with this 2010 team would have happened.

With Vinny, it would have been the same hype/PR build up with nothing to come out of it.

Have you noticed a different feel to this franchise since Allen has taken over?
It seems that the expectations of professionalism has hit this franchise from the top, to the coaches and players, to the lowliest staff member. There is a genuine feeling of solid change with purpose in order to win and win now and hopefully in the future.

Finally, it seems like the Redskins have a plan and are executing it.
If the Redskins succeed in their plan and can walk that fine line between age and youth, they may just be able to do what no other team has done during Daniel Snyder's ownership- win frequently and consistently.

I voted coaching/playcalling AND quarterback play (seems like nobody else caught you could vote for more than one) as a tie. Because, both have improved drastically, more than any other unit on the team.

I'd say Coaching. It all starts with the HC. He sets the tone and normally the team takes on his personality. With the changes Shanahan has instituted this team will be more disciplined and focused. The improved play calling will put the players in position to improve. Players may get most of the credit, but it all started with Allen and Shanahan.

Had to go with improved redzone scoring.

Better coaching/calls, qb, o-line, aggresive D, plus side of turnover ratio, etc.

The cumulative effect of all improvements should result in more redzone chances with improved ability to get the six.

I went with Oline, but that may just be wishful thinking. One thing I could normally say in the past was that our Oline was a strength. I'm ready to be able to say that again, I hope it starts as early as this year.

I thought about going with improved QB play and red zone scoring but I think those will end up being a byproduct of improved coaching/playcalling. Then again, all three of those are pretty much guaranteed to be better this year.

I have to go with Coaching/Playcalling. The Shanahan's just bring a level of current professionalism not seen since Gibbs was here the first time. And by "current" I mean in terms of modern offense. Gibbs II was professional, no question, but the offense never really got out of the early 90s, even with Saunders here.

I know I've complained more than most about the move but our QB play should be a lot better. It's been a LONG time since we've seen real decent quarterbacking around here. I suspect most of us, myself included, have forgotten what it looks like. :)

Lots of good thoughts here and I can’t disagree with any of them. I cheated a bit and selected more than one as well but after thinking about it there isn’t a wrong answer here. It all comes back to improvements at the top, both in management and coaching. That improvement brings dividends everywhere else along the chain.

Nothing like a legitimate positive vibe going into a season not just some ginned up media/team created mess. Even with the Haynesworth thing hanging over the team it just doesn't seem to matter that much (at least at this stage).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.