• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game reactions. Atlanta.

BnGBuns

The Rookie
Reaction score
Rival Allegiance
I got just one long word for this game. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Nah. This was encouraging as hell for me. In two years, we win that game, probably going away. It's a learning process, and all the signs were encouraging to me.

Oh, and **** you Joe Buck. When they switched to his game and showed the final play, Buck said something about Cousins' INT problem and how that continued to haunt the team.

Hey Joe? STFU. How about if you refrain from commenting on a game you have watched, and I'm going out on a limb here, roughly 30 second of. Hmmm?

Oh, and **** you Joe Buck. When they switched to his game and showed the final play, Buck said something about Cousins' INT problem and how that continued to haunt the team.

Hey Joe? STFU. How about if you refrain from commenting on a game you have watched, and I'm going out on a limb here, roughly 30 second of. Hmmm?

I heard that too, Goal. Wanted to punch him dead in the mouth!

He watches none of that game and makes a comment like that with no basis. **** him!

Buck & Simms are bad voodoo on our games. ****ing witches

Damnit, grant!! Damnit covering Freeman with Compton!!

Now that I've had a chance to calm down....

We played a hell of a game..especially being as under manned as we were.

Seem to be getting better a little bit more each week.

Have to get the run game back on track and shore our run D up.

As Goal (I think) mentioned in chat, if you had told me before the game that the Redskins would force this to OT,I think everybody here would've thought:

1. You're nuts
2. We'd all take that!

Onward and upward.......

Very encouraging game,
Still need to score TD's in red zone. We get that INT and convert TD late and it's big time different game.
Post game show is putting up tweets, what a bunch of idiots show up after the game.

Definitely a lot to work on, but Falcons needed one of the luckier fumble and recovery sequences I can remember to get it to OT. Skins fought back, HARD, to tie it and were marching when Grant slipped.

We're on the way up my friends.

This team is improved, a ways to go still but progress nonetheless. I am excited to see the team play with its full roster. I think Reed, djax, cully, and hall would have put us over the edge needed but C'es la vie. This team fights and I like it.

Last edited:
I would have loved to be a "fly on the wall" in any Falcon's fan's home.........

They know they played us. I wanted this so bad at the end. Ugh. So tired of taking positives from loses, even if we really do see tangible improvement and growth of some young guys.

After watching the replay of the pick 6 to end the game at least 10 times, I have to put that last INT on Kirk. He threw it well outside of where Ryan Grant could get to it, even if he hadn't slipped. The throw was rushed...thrown out out toward the sideline. When Grant turns around, he is a good 1o ft from where the ball was caught...slip/no slip he was not in a position to catch that. He is not making up a 10 ft separation where he was when he made his break and where the ball was caught.

It was a bad throw by Kirk.

With that said, aside from a couple of balls thrown behind, he had some good moments...his 20 second 45 yard drive to get us in FG position to tie the game was enormous. He is not going to the pro-bowl,that's for sure, but week after week we see some improvement.

He's like watching a young team develop. Can't get all the phases of his game going yet. Given time, he probably will. He's not a rookie of course, but any QB has to take his on field lumps to grow. Hopefully he'll continue to improve.

At the end of the day, we created 3 turnovers on the road vs. an undefeated team, had the good fortune of having likely the best WR in the game be ineffective due to health (Jones), had the opposing kicker miss two field goals, yet couldn't find a way. This is one that will sting for a while for me personally.

We saw glimpses of excellent play in all three phases - offense, defense (for some long stretches), and special teams. Unfortunately, today, we didn't string our best plays together on the offensive and defensive units when we needed them in the most desperate situations of the game.

Just not enough big plays at the right time today.

How this team responds next week will be big and telling now about the make up of this team.

We've seen that in-game (e.g., vs. St. Louis, Philly, and even Atlanta) that this team can respond to adversity and show composure when things start going off the rails.

How this translates in a game to game situation will be something to monitor next week.

I thought Id peruse the Falcon fan forums for reactions but I didn't expect much mention of the Redskins-I did find one, however.

fuego

I really thought this would be a beatdown worse than Houston. Congrats to Washington for being tough.

But at the same time, we were really off today. Just never in sync and that really didn't have anything to do with how Washington played.

It's very unusual for a team's fans after a game to say much about the opponent win or lose and if t's a very tough game like the Falcons had with us-or a loss-most of the conversation is about where they fell down or underperformed.

It's just how NFL team fans respond.

And they didn't give the defense or offense credit

Do we give the other team credit or do we point out where we failed?

A loss is always taken as a failure to perform.

If you're talking about their offense and defense, they did give cedit-Freeman got a lot of positive posts for example-but the general reaction to Ryan's performnce was not very positive "he was playing scared" was a common comment. Granted our D was pressuring him pretty hard but from their perspective it was on him. I was looking for responses that credited the Redskins for making the game as close as it was but that's not a normal thing for fans to do which is why I only found the one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.