• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Where oh where has Ryan Kerrigan gone?

I try shy away from throwing around terms like "elite" because there is no universally accepted definition of the word. Everyone has there own criteria for when to apply the word "elite"; some via stats, some via what they see in a game, some on how a player's ability stays the same, or improves, or deteriorates over time and so forth-none have any generally accepted "preeminance" over the others so it's kind of "to each their own".

Specifically regarding Kerrigan, however, I share an apparently common concern over his game impact being less noticeable lately-he has absolute tons of ability that hasn't made itself known this season as in the past and I too am curious as to why.

Has there been anything on Kerrigan's two huge whiffs on Bradford? The first didn't result in anything bad, as Bradford ended up throwing it away on a 3rd down, but the second one led directly to the Eagles second TD. Hard to imagine Kerrign missing on either of those two opportunities ... on both he was unblocked, had an immobile QB directly in his sights, and couldn't make the play.

Pretty alarming, particularly with a more mobile Ryan next week. Going to hard enough to contain Ryan with a good pass rush.

I still think he's not quite in game shape yet.

Nick

If that's true, a month into the season, there's a problem. But I don't think it is ... he's getting there, he's just not finishing.

What I keep thinking when I see him on the field now is that he looks bigger than last year. Thicker, maybe. Has anyone else seen that? I haven't compared video of him this year versus last, so I may be totally off. Just trying to figure out what seems different.

Think Kerrigan admitted to being a little too anxious on those, said he needed to be more deliberate and take a better angle.

Also mentioned the hip pointer scared him some, he's never had one before and the pain was a more than expected, should be OK for next game.

Guess he's not used to getting free runs at QB's

Well... he looks more chubby in the face to me. That's why I think something isn't right with his fitness.

Nick

Well... he looks more chubby in the face to me. That's why I think something isn't right with his fitness.

Nick

clean it up nick. I don't want to read about Kerrigan having a chubby....especially in his face.

Kerrigan missing preseason and having the off season surgery is the reason for this thread.
He will be fine. He is too good, works too hard, and cares too much.

Well, if ever there were a game where he really needed to step it up, it's this one. Our DBs are not capable of stopping Julio, Hank, and Roddy White. Our only hope is if we finally get some serious heat on the QB.

5th all time redskins in sacks now

he whiffed a lot yesterday as well as made some big plays. I think I am watching him a lot closer than usual but I noticed that he looked as if the play just ran right by him or he whiffed when it came at him. But he did cause disruption, pressured Ryan to step up in to some sacks, and looked better than he has all season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.